sites within about an hours drive Shrewsbury

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Have just relocated to Market Drayton, Shropshire. Caravan being moved to storage a few miles away. Looking for ideas for sites for weekends away eg Friday and Saturday nights for after school and work, an hours drive is probably our maximum. We are cc members but are open to ideas. We have 3 kids 9,10,11 years.

Thanks in advance

Annette

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
One lovely site - just outside Shrewsbury is Oxon Park. Immaculately clean and spotless.

Great facilities just outside the park - chippy/take-away/co-op AND a superb Park 'n' Ride scheme into the centre of Shrewsbury!

Recommended. Book with confidence.

Mac

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mac

I was just browsing and came across this post. It sounds like a great place. It's an area that is on our ever growing list of places to visit. Do you have any contact details for the park?

Thanks in advance

April

Dec 12, 2005
Visit site
Annette

You are not far from the C&CC site at Ebury Hill,about a mile left off the A53, just NE of Shrewsbury, they accept non-members, I think and also do storage. If you have been down to Shrewsbury, you will see the site is also only a couple of miles from the P&R just over the junction A53/A49. Just one draw back, no toilet block, or there wasn't a couple of years ago!!!

Gordon

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi April

Follow this link -

http://www.morris-leisure.co.uk/oxonhall-5star.html
It's one of the 'Best of British' sites - if you've not signed up yet, get one of their 'Loyalty Cards' as it entitles you to money off (in various guises eg. Free pool passes etc). Follow this link for the card -

http://www.bob.org.uk/loyalty.php
Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

Mac
Thanks Mac

I've looked at the link and although the site looks impressive I think we'll probably give it a miss. It would cost us almost

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi everyone

We went to the Oxon Park between Christmas and New Year, absolutely brilliant, the sister park at Stanmore Hall just down the road in Bridgenorth is really good as well. Reckon you could do both easily from Market Drayton.

Incidentally it's a really nice walk from Oxon Park into Shrewsbury, along the river and then into the shops nice day out.

Best regards Tomo

Jan 25, 2008
Visit site
Try Ellesmere in North Shropshire - lakes, canals, woodlands and rolling hills - a lovely part of the country and home to the current Regional winner in the Caravan Club CL of the Year Competition - www.BirchHill.co.uk.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi have you looked at the caravan club site at blackshaw moor leek good site in good location

or there is campingandcaravan club site at leek both good sites

ebury hill ccc is a good site as well

have you had a look on the campsite search on ukcampsites

it as some good reviews

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Come to Bridgend and help me redecorate the lounge - you will thoroughly enjoy the friendly atmosphere and cheap site fee on my drive - no room for awning but electric hook up could be arranged - dogs accepted as well

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for your suggestions, will start looking at them in more detail. In the past Beechwood Grange cc and Clumber Park cc were our local sites for weekends away - both we highly recommend.

Nice to know that other people Colin are going to be decorating rooms in their houses as well as us. In our case builders magnolia on walls and 3 kids means decorating rooms later this year. We're looking forward to exploring new sites in a new area and getting away from decorating etc.

Thanks again

Annette

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Annette

You are not far from the C&CC site at Ebury Hill,about a mile left off the A53, just NE of Shrewsbury, they accept non-members, I think and also do storage. If you have been down to Shrewsbury, you will see the site is also only a couple of miles from the P&R just over the junction A53/A49. Just one draw back, no toilet block, or there wasn't a couple of years ago!!!

Gordon
Went to Ebury Hill last May BH; absolutely magical.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I endorse Ian's suggestion of Birchill CL- excellent and Ellesmere is a lovely place. Also try

Lay Margarets Park, CC at Chirk

C and CC site at Oswestry, really Knockin- look out for the Knockin shop.

C and CC site at Delamere Forest is excellent and has the forest right by.

CC site at Presthope is quiet and in lovely country by Much Wenlock.

Dec 12, 2005
Visit site
Went to Ebury Hill last May BH; absolutely magical.
Clive, have they built a toilet block yet then?

Did you know that during WW11, the Army had that site & used to build & repair Amphibius vehicles and test them in that, what is now, the fishing lake? Apparently it is very deep!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts