skiing in Scotland

Sep 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi , have just mistakenly posted this in the overseas section, so here goes again.

I am looking to tow my caravan to Scotland with a spot of skiing in mind this Christmas, and would appreciate any information regarding suitable sites and any expriences any one may have to share, i would also need an overnight stay on the way up, from West Sussex the previous responce suggested Carlisle, thank you for your comments Gavin, any further advices .

Reagrds Paul.

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi Paul,

Suggest 1. The Invercauld at Braemar (C.C.)

2. Glenmore in the Cairngorms near Aviemore. (Forestry Commission) Has new super toilet blocks.

Check there will be snow before you go!!!

Rob S.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Try this weather station !!! http://www.nevisportlive.com/weather.asp?Area=Northern+Cairngorms/Cairngorm

I know last weekend the lecht was open for skiing.

Val & Frank

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Rothiemurchus Camp Site, between Aviemore and Glenmore is excellent. It's lower altitude than Glenmore, nearer the nightlife in Aviemore.

If you go to Braemar (in winter) consider your route carefully. The direct route from the south, A93 from Blairgowrie, would take you up the Devils Elbow (long since straightened), through the Glenshee Pass and DOWN to the Glenshee ski area. The road through the Pass is usually snow-covered and often shut, as it's actually the highest public road in the UK at 2200 ft. An excellent drive solo, but not recommended with a caravan!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts