Skoda Superb Estate

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi All
Towards the end of last year I posted on this forum seeking advice on alternatives for replacing my then ageing Mondeo 2.2 Tdci Estate. The choice was between between a newer Mondeo 163bhp estate and the Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 Tdi (170bhp). I eventually decided on the Skoda and managed to locate one which was 18mths old with 12k on the clock.
I thought it was worth posting a feedback.
I have now done several trips with this towing our Coachman Pastiche 460/2 (1420 MPTLM) in the UK, and have just returned from 3600 miles (2500 towing), over 5 weeks, touring Spain and France (Santander to Andalucia and back to Calais). The Skoda has been quite excellent, plenty of power and torque in all conditions, including some long ascents in hot conditions, absolutely stable in cross winds etc. Towing mpgs have been pretty good with up to 31mpg on 200+ mile runs (depending on winds), and solo mpgs were all in the high 40s or better.
There is so much space between the front and rear seats that a lot of clobber/guidebooks for the two of us can be stored there in plastic boxes (weight low down and in the middle of the car), leaving the boot free for the dog! An added bonus we discovered was that we could open the ski hatch in the rear seat back, thus being able to keep an occasional eye on the dog thro the mirror and allow more air conditioning circulation to the boot to keep her cool.
Cheers
Paul

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the Octavia Estate 4x4 2.0TDi (138bhp) towing a Sprite Alpine 4 (1,230kg) so a lighter unit. Only 4,000 miles on the clock and getting 33/34mpg towing. In September will be putting about 2,000 towing miles on, going to the Czech Republic and Germany. Agree with you, plenty of power and torque and never thought about the ski hatch for the dog in the back, nice one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts