Sky + or Q box?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We currently take our Sky+ box on tour. A magic eye enables us to use sky in the bedroom. Looking at the Q box things seem different. Changing my LNB isn’t a problem but the Q doesn’t use a magic eye. I think it needs another box, not sure. Anyone know if the Q box is as user friendly in the caravan as the Sky + box?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Cant help you with the Q box, we kicked Sky into touch a year ago, just far too expensive. My son-in-law has both Sky and BT, and I can watch all the sport I need FOC on their Sky Go etc.

We actually take an Amazon Fire Stick with us, especially if the site has strong WiFi, £16 per month gets us both Netflix and Amazon, and having added Spotify its just over £20 pcm with all the movies, box sets, dramas, docus that you could wish for, plus catch up TV. All this on a small USB stick.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Dustydog said:
We currently take our Sky+ box on tour. A magic eye enables us to use sky in the bedroom. Looking at the Q box things seem different. Changing my LNB isn’t a problem but the Q doesn’t use a magic eye. I think it needs another box, not sure. Anyone know if the Q box is as user friendly in the caravan as the Sky + box?

A Sky Q box only receives off air the same as your Sky+ box, anything else it gets via Interweb connection which you will not have on site. I would stick with your old Sky+ box.
Incidentally if you don't record anything whilst away try getting a Sky multi-room box (or two) from somewhere like Cash Converters. As it doesn't have a hard drive it is much smaller and lighter, so if you have a dual LNB you can have two receivers on different channels in living and bedrooms. CC will sell you one complete with mains lead, remote,and guarantee for less than £20 - often much less. If you are lucky it will have an expired subscription card still in it which will give you the right regions on 101 and 103.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Woodentop said:
Dustydog said:

A Sky Q box only receives off air the same as your Sky+ box, anything else it gets via Interweb connection which you will not have on site. I would stick with your old Sky+ box.
Incidentally if you don't record anything whilst away try getting a Sky multi-room box (or two) from somewhere like Cash Converters. As it doesn't have a hard drive it is much smaller and lighter, so if you have a dual LNB you can have two receivers on different channels in living and bedrooms. CC will sell you one complete with mains lead, remote,and guarantee for less than £20 - often much less. If you are lucky it will have an expired subscription card still in it which will give you the right regions on 101 and 103.

What DD is not saying is that he needs a system that will show Aston Villa , winning / loosing when they are playing.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Woodentop said:
Dustydog said:

What DD is not saying is that he needs a system that will show Aston Villa , winning / loosing when they are playing.
Haha, the sky + does all this but it still doesn’t help Villa :(

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Worth considering: https://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sky-q/apps/?DCMP=dmc-skycom:ec_netflix?DCMP=snt-http://helpforum.sky.com-na-SC-SkyQ-BlogArticlePage

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts