You may well of heard it all before but, if i get a dish and use my sky box from home will it work abroad, we,re off to spain in august and if it does work which counties will it not work in.

Cheers

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Sky comes from the Astra satelites and these can be picked up all over Europe. The size of dish is the factor and you need a bigger one further south. When you first boot up you will be told to connect to a phone line- just ignore it. Don't forget taht the viewing card is prgrammed to the box so take both with you. Without the card you can still receive a number of channels, but not the pay ones nor Ch 4 and Five.

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Garry and Nikki

There are loads of threads on here about your subject. Just scroll through and you will find them. They are full with all sorts of advice. Mine would be if you don't already have a dish, wait until you get to France where you can get the full kit, including an 85 centimetre dish and the box, for 79 euros (or less) in any DIY shop (similarly in Spain, but not so common). The box will receive all free channels. You will only need your sky box if you want Channel 4 and five, or any pay channels that you might have on yours.

The only extras you will need are a length of co-ax cable and something to mount the dish on - ideally a tripod (which I have not seen on sale in France or Spain, but Maxview do a good one in the UK.) An arial mast mounted in place of the jockey wheel is cheaper, but a tripod is much more convenient for finding a south east facing position for a signal from the Astra 2 satellite.

Hope this helps, but look at the other threads as well.

Keith

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts