skydish and box

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We use sky and it is a doddle to set up on site however it is essential to have a compass as you will need to know which way to point the dish. Your Sky card will not allow you to access the premium channels such as sports and movies but will allow you all the usual channels like Sky One, Gold, etc. You don't really need an expensive satellite finder as the box will tell you all about signal strength etc and when you have located the correct satellite.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tony. we have a Pace box and a dish and it is dead simple. We take our sky viewing box and card from home and can get every channel that we have at home inc sports and movies etc. not sure of the exact site but have a look at satellitefor caravans.co.uk or .com. I printed that off and tookit with me and was ready in less that 40 mins.

A tip for you though, dont forget the sky box, scart, card or the leads!!!! I nearly did

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tony we took our Skybox this year for the first time. Hand Controller click Services - 4 - 6 and then start moving your dish - very slowly - or you will pass thru the signal before it registers. I had a problem because I locked on to the wrong Satellite [too far South]. You have to disconnect power/aerial to zero Skybox settings [an electric current runs thru the aerial] and start again. It took me 30-40 mins to get a good signal/strength/picture. I then bought a cheap Compass 99p and took a reading for next time. Second time [with compass]I was tuned in within 2-3 mins - no problem. What a treat to watch a clear picture and have all the home channels.

Useful websites - www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/

http://www.maxview.ltd.uk/guide_satdsh.htm/
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/de.sullivan/
Good luck and don't forget the Sky 'remote'

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been using Sky for about 15 years in the caravan both analogue and digital.I always use a Televes meter when setting up as it saves a lot of time .Its OK when you don't need to alter the angle of inclination trying without a meter but if you go to Spain etc you are working with two directions at once (inclination and direction) and it can take for ever if at all to get the satellite .I have helped lots of people on rallies who have thought that they have faulty equipment etc.Also the box often locks out when it is on the satellite and a meter will show you that you are really OK.Have a look on UK Camping Website there's a pinned topic under Caravans on this subject running to 13 pages

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi

again this might sound really dumb but how do i need to use the compass wat way do i need to point it and what degress do i need to be looking for to angle the dish.any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/de.sullivan/ go to this site it has all the ansewrs
If you draw a line on the compass base 28 degrees south of east or SSE then when the compass needle is on North the line you have drawn will be towards the satellite.It does vary depending on where you are but its a starting point

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
go to website satcure.co.uk and download their free satellite book. it also has a technical Q&A section that tells you all you need to know.

dont buy the expensive dishes and tripods, i bought a 40cm dish off ebay for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts