Small van

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I've been considering for some time getting a small inexpensive caravan for 1 person just for weekends, going around doing photography. Any recommendations? I would be towing with a Honda CRV. I would expect to keep it in my driveway.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
D,

I'm going to recommend the following to you:

1. Eriba Puck or other touring caravans from Eriba.

Cult vans designed in the 1950s by a German aircraft engineer, these have the same build as an aircraft (welded tubular steel frame), still in production, still look roughly the same as when first introduced, these are quality products that hardly depreciate. And most are still around...

Disadvantages: Expensive to build, expensive to buy. And since there's a cult following, you'll be competing for each van as it appears...

2. KIP Kompakt

These Dutch pop-top caravans are highly regarded, light to tow and a quality product.

Disadvantages: May be difficult to locate in the UK

3. T@B

German designed caravan that looks like an egg, small and pert.

Disadvantages: May be difficult to locate in the UK

All of the above will have the non-caravanner smiling, good quality means water leaks shouldn't be a problem, or you could just buy another white box...

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is a large selection of small caravans suitable for two people and towable by the average family car. However they may be clausterphobic and lack eesentials such as hot and cold water, wc, shower, cooker, etc. Have a look at Freedom web page - I believe the importers are based in Swindon. There are also the folding caravans which for all intense and purposes are like towing a small trailer and can also fit into a garage. They are quite roomy, warm and dry but also reasonably light for towing.

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
if you can go to freedom its a good place to see the

different specifications as they have changed over the

years. they do seam to be somewhat overpriced,

but at least you will know what what you are biding for

on ebay. I wouldnt buy from ebay without viewing first.

i purchased a campervan from ebay. no problem at all

but 4 of the 6 i viewed i wouldnt step foot in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts