Smart watches - Why?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our wealthy property developer friends (proud Tuggers), have Omegas and Rolexes. The Omega costs £400 a year to get serviced and the Rolex stays in a safe!
I once bought a good replica of a Rolex from a street seller in Washington DC, and it gave many years of excellent service.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I once bought a good replica of a Rolex from a street seller in Washington DC, and it gave many years of excellent service.
By “replica” do you mean “illegal knock off“?And by “street seller” do you mean “criminal”. 😀
mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
By “replica” do you mean “illegal knock off“?And by “street seller” do you mean “criminal”. 😀
mel
Yes that could be a description, and I also bought a replica Tag Heur and Breitling in Hisaranu from an established shop. A friend I met on holiday bought a few and the following year when we met up again he took one back as it had stopped working, and the shop replaced it without a quibble. Good customer service, which greatly impressed the police sergeant from Essex 😱

Reactions: Mel
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My 20 year old Seiko Titanium, has never been serviced, I have replaced the battery probably 4 times, but that's because I only wear it every now and again.
It keeps perfect time.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
My 20 year old Seiko Titanium, has never been serviced, I have replaced the battery probably 4 times, but that's because I only wear it every now and again.
It keeps perfect time.
Not sure what needs servicing on a watch.
There is case for checking waterproof seal after battery change if watch is used in water.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts