Smell of hot plastic or wiring.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Bit of an odd one this.

We have been in the caravan today purifying the water system and other little jobs. Our caravan ir a rear bathroom model, and opening the door to the bathroom I got quite a strong smell of hot wiring or very warm plastic.

In the bathroom there are only the lights and the booster box for the status aerial. No other wiring or electrics. Under the van obviously the wiring for the road lights. Checked to make sure neither lights nor status were turned on and we obviously werent sending anything through the 12 v loom. I couldnt smell it anywhere else in the caravan and certainly couldnt find anything hot, warm melted or even anything out of the ordinary.
The only thing in the van running were the charger and water pump.

Very strange one. :huh:

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The sun has been very hot today, and that can cause some plastics to begin to give off a smell, It cold be some of the plastic mouldings in the bathroom.

But I suggest you monitor it and see if teh problem goes away in cooler weather.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Ill certailnly be watching it. Had it been coming from the front right where all the electrical equipmnet is i could maybe understand it, but there is just nothing at that end to cause that.

My wife has just told me she had followed forum advice and put a couple of caps of bleach into the flush reservoir, Im wondering if the bleach was reacting with the residue of the pink.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts