Smoking Ban

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
I have paid NHS since the age of 15years of I am now ?4years old, I did not start smoking until 21ish, so therefore if I did fall ill surely I am entitled to treatment, without feeling quilty, because I would feel quilty and thats what most people would think. Ok it might be self inflicted, but I am the only one to blame. Liz

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Giovanni, smoking doesn't fund all cancer research. There are many cancers and the research to find a cure is funded in many ways.

What other knowledge was lost from the Romans? Sanitation, building and construction ideas? These were not invented because of war. War is not a cure for cancer, or maybe it is.

You will find that most AOP's have and still are contributing towards the NHS, and as such deserve the treatment they have. Smokers know the risk, yet still carry on knowing the problems they will cause, self inflicted you might say. How much of the tax associated with cigarettes goes on the NHS, does anyone have any figures? Like I said, in a previous post, the government will get it's tax one way or another.

You sound like a smoker, Giovanni, you are using all the tired old arguments yourself.

At the end of the day, no one needs to smoke, and no one needs to die from the causes of smoking.

If you want to encourage it, fine. I don't.

You asked, how much of the TAX FROM SMOKING GOES TOWARDS THE NHS

This has nothing to do with smokers, they pay the tax, the

government uses the money however they feel like it, just like

roadtax does not all go to replacing the roads. but this heavy

tax that smokers pay, you seem to dismiss?

So tell me the average smoker pays

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have paid NHS since the age of 15years of I am now ?4years old, I did not start smoking until 21ish, so therefore if I did fall ill surely I am entitled to treatment, without feeling quilty, because I would feel quilty and thats what most people would think. Ok it might be self inflicted, but I am the only one to blame. Liz
Liz, it's not just you that will be effected. Cancer can be painfull, the attempted cure even more so, emotional guilt is secondary as your hair falls out. The NHS can't cope with such a long term illness, and it's not just a case of can't, sometimes it just wont. This leaves a hell of a lot of pressure on surviving family members, and when I say hell, I chose the word deliberately. They have to care for the smoker, be it husband, wife, brother, sister, mother or Father. It's a 24/7/365 job, and it isn't nice for them or the patient. How many smokers do you think wish that they had given up, shortly before they died.

You have the chance to do it now, before it takes it's toll. Go the extra mile, give up, you wont ever regret it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tell you what folks I won't complain about the reek from your barby's if you'll leave me and my old briar alone

Will
I must get some research done on the reek from BBQ, it must be cancer forming. Deny the problems associated with smoking, and you're only kidding yourself.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
At ease, all you smokers, I'm off out in a moment. No more "preaching" and I'll have no more comments to say on the subject (probably), but take a minute to think. The government are offering free nicotine patches and counseling if you decide to give up. You are not alone, and the end result is worth it.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
LOL.

Why are you still preaching ? do you drive a 4x4 ? do you not

like it when people preach about the negatives of 4x4 ?

Do you not know that All vehicles shuck out benzene? thats good

for breathing in.

Yes i have looked after my wife in 92/93 lukemia, and septasemia.

Maybe we should ban petrol? or is it strong electrical streams.

Yes i looked after my wife, as have many thousands of other

people, be it from cancer to strokes and a thousand more deceases

give it a rest........ your not the only one.!

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Me too off out this evening sorry Lol going to enjoy a cigarette and drink while I still can. (P.S I will sneak behind the toilet block lst July) Regards Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
LOL.

Why are you still preaching ? do you drive a 4x4 ? do you not

like it when people preach about the negatives of 4x4 ?

Do you not know that All vehicles shuck out benzene? thats good

for breathing in.

Yes i have looked after my wife in 92/93 lukemia, and septasemia.

Maybe we should ban petrol? or is it strong electrical streams.

Yes i looked after my wife, as have many thousands of other

people, be it from cancer to strokes and a thousand more deceases

give it a rest........ your not the only one.!
Err, look up, I just "Gave it a rest".

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
All this hype and bickering on this topic just because of Sir Walter Raleigh. I wonder did he realise the potential problems he would cause on 21st. centuary forums through introducing tobacco to this country? No one has given a thought about the potato and he is also responsible for that - the swine.

I must admit i do like the smell of a cigarette, pipe tobacco and cigars prior to them being smoked. The worst smell in my opinion is that of a stale used ashtray.

So you lot STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
At ease, all you smokers, I'm off out in a moment. No more "preaching" and I'll have no more comments to say on the subject (probably), but take a minute to think. The government are offering free nicotine patches and counseling if you decide to give up. You are not alone, and the end result is worth it.
Ok Lol preaching fine, nicotine patches fine, but counseling I have to draw the line, no way on this earth would I ever need to need counseling. Liz

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Just getting ready to go out and my laptop bleeped Colin alert, now you are not one of these Counsellors are you,

P.S it's rude to shout, I can hear you, and smoking has not affected my earring yet. Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just getting ready to go out and my laptop bleeped Colin alert, now you are not one of these Counsellors are you,

P.S it's rude to shout, I can hear you, and smoking has not affected my earring yet. Liz
Would it be gentlemanly of me to say it has affected your spelling "earring" should read "hearing"!!!!! - oh hell go on slap my wrist (only joking Liz - go out and enjoy the evening and the ciggys - don't eat too much and don't get drunk)

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Would it be gentlemanly of me to say it has affected your spelling "earring" should read "hearing"!!!!! - oh hell go on slap my wrist (only joking Liz - go out and enjoy the evening and the ciggys - don't eat too much and don't get drunk)
Colin I have looked and seen you are now thinking of a Hymer Motorhome maybe, so do not comment me of my spelling. I may have words to say to you when I get back if your still on this forum. Liz

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

much as I hate the smell of smoke around me, I do not support the ban, I am utterly sick of this nanny government saying "You can't do this, you can't do that" hunting, smoking, waterskiing in the Lake District, etc etc you may be saying good riddance to these activities but how long untill they ban YOUR enjoyment?

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
I forgot to add that smokers tend to pay more tax and die earlier leaving more in the pension kitty for the rest of us who will cost the government a fortune by living to a ripe old age in nusing care.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Liz my posting was meant in the lightest possible way and I hoped you would have accepted it in the humourous manner in which it was posted. I am sorry if you were not amused and felt offended - my spelling over the years of teaching has gradually worsened as a result of marking student work so I am not by any means whiter than white when it comes to spelling and English grammer. I hope you will accept my sincere apology and enjoy your evening out.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
the filthiest habit there is, this from a person who smoked from the age of 15 till I was 68, have not smoked for 3 years and I did not know it was the filthiest habit till I stopped, since then My pocket money is still nil at the end of the month. Ah well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts