So which is the most important task then?

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Come on then, let's have it out once and for all!! Which is the most important yet annoyingly time-delaying task? Making sure there's jam, red pepper and jalapeno relish, a crate of Stella, 65 packets of mini cheddars and hair straighteners or making sure the van roof is clean? I know for a fact I can't see the dead flies when I'm sat munching snacks. With incredibly straight hair.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
For the OH its Hoovering and polishing just before she shuts the door, then on returning unloading the van and within two hours the damm hoover is out again
smiley-frown.gif

For me its not forgetting the caravan
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Deciding whether to take the big awning or the porch awning. The big awning can be a pain to put up for a long weekend but our teenage girls love to sleep out in the extension rather than in the van. I certainly agree with you as well beephee with regards to too many clothes but then again the British weather means we have to take away tee shirts to thick coates and wellies (nearly said crocks then!!)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
After I've actually got Herself away from the house at last ( as described elsewhere) I have to travel 20 odd miles to the farm in the Worcestershire countryside where we store the caravan. If we can somehow miss the peak time traffic either during the morning school run or more likely just before lunch time the trip is reasonably ok. All I have to do then is to remove the security devices, unlock the door of the barn where the caravan lives, hitch up and check lights, tyre pressures and then lock the barn and head back to the M5.
This can sometimes add an hour to the trip and I'm always a wee bit on edge until we're finally on the motorway trundling towards our destination.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
remembering to put the mover remote back in the van, I'm on the third one now
smiley-embarassed.gif
favorite is putting it down somewhere then when we get to site "no remote" and no the telly one doesn't work tried that
smiley-cool.gif

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
one out of the three peeps is a nightmare to get out on time, although this last trip she was only 4 mins late!! Then three peeps all hopping off to the toilet at once when we stop "briefly" before heading on our way again. A quick wee stop is rarely under an hour!!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Suzanne Asquith said:
Come on then, let's have it out once and for all!! Which is the most important yet annoyingly time-delaying task? Making sure there's jam, red pepper and jalapeno relish, a crate of Stella, 65 packets of mini cheddars and hair straighteners or making sure the van roof is clean? I know for a fact I can't see the dead flies when I'm sat munching snacks. With incredibly straight hair.
Why do you have dead flies with yoru snacks? Most annoying time delaying task is getting there to your destiantion with all the idiots on the road!

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
i may be able to help you with this one surfer, the dead fly snacks are called Garibaldi biscuits, probably not popular with you youngsters.
The worst task for us is getting the neighbours to move their cars from opposite our drive so that we can get the outfit onto the road in the early hours of the morning when we go away.
AGD

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Agree with you whole heartedly Archiesgrandad. We often have to man handle our van down our cul-de-sac due to the zig zag nature of some of the car's parked down our road.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts