So who's off in your van this weekend

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are......second trip and cannot wait.

Thought we would be brave and try a CL for our second trip, so this means I will need to overcome my fear of 'number two's' on the loo in the van! Oh well, here goes......!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are! Going to our favourite CS in Dalby Forest, North Yorkshire. Love CL's - no probs with the loo, just make sure you give the cassette a good shake before you empty it and make sure the chamber is open before you sit down! Good luck.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi paul/ruth we are off to sunny spain (we hope)this sunday had easter at sandringham ccc site lovley site nice walks but weather was cold and misty will try some cl's when weget back in june happy vaning peter

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul & Ruth

I have to say your posts always make me laugh!!! We went last weekend so no more trips until 13th/14th May when we are going to Caravan clubs site at Chatsworth. Seems a long way of :-(((

We run a guest house in East Yorkshire so we can only escape every now and then but we intend it to be more now than then in the future!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Caroline

PS Our first four trips were Rosedale Abbey North Yorks September 2004 ( Excellent!)

Goose Wood York December 2004 ( Christmas Shopping) site Good

Strid Wood Bolton Abbey North Yorks March 21st 2005 (Superb!)

Wolds way Caravan and Camping Winteringham North Yorks ( OK new site a bit exposed) Walking in area excellent.

Proposed trips:-

Chatworth -May

Three weeks in France -July

Clumber Park for the cycling- August

Bath- for cycling etc Sepetember/October

I just LOVE planning trips!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HI Paul & Ruth, we're off to the lake district for a week, cant remember site name but its just south of Keswick on the Borrowdale road - one of my favourite places in the whole world!!

Enjoy your maiden voyage on the thetford!! Just make sure you pour in your pink flush fluid before the water otherwise it sometimes doesn't mix so well.

Caroline a word about Clumber park. It's a fantastic place for cycling, you'll love it! But be warned, more bikes get stolen there than probably any other site, because it's so open! This included my

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm going from Canvey to a CS at Ingbirchworth this weekend- just to have a meal at the Rose & Crown. But I heard that it is now closed. What shall I do. Are there any other decent pubs in the area?

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
We have been caravanning for c3 years now and we never stay anywhere other than CL's. The loo problem (No 2's!) is easily sorted if you just look for a site with a WC which is what we do, then keep you loo for emergencies only. The CL's are much more flexible in terms of leaving times from the site so no rushing around to get off before 12.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We haven't been able to get away at all this year yet, for a variation of reasons. This weekend we're cleaning the van ready to go the following week. Hoping to head for Cheddar Somerset. Anybody got any views on the area please? Places to visit etc.

Enjoy your weekend - all.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at Five Acres CC site over bank holiday and it is a fantastic clean and quiet site in a fantastic location. about 8 miles from Chard- 20 mins to Lyme Regis and approx 35 mins to Cheddar/ Wookey.

The wardens at the site are lovely people and can't do enough to help. If you aren't a member of the CC they do accept non members too.

Apr 8, 2005
Visit site
We're off for Saturday night to Alderstead Heath in Redhill. We are swopping our 'van for a newer one tomorrow morning, and are going to try it out. The new 'van is a bit bigger than the old one so we hope it goes OK.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have been caravanning for c3 years now and we never stay anywhere other than CL's. The loo problem (No 2's!) is easily sorted if you just look for a site with a WC which is what we do, then keep you loo for emergencies only. The CL's are much more flexible in terms of leaving times from the site so no rushing around to get off before 12.
OK for those uninitiated What's a CL?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well, 4 days of a temp of 104...(that's me not the the british weather)needles to say we did not get our long weekend away with the kids...which was a real shame...Now they are back to school, the wife is back to work and now I am stuck at home on the sick waiting to see the Doctor from hell... Hope you all enjoyed your weekends away anyway!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just got back from the doctors...signed off for a week, sun is shining....and yes kids back to school and wife back to work....******, maybe I could test the van on my own but that would be extremely sellfish I guess...;-)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well, I am still ill so no chance of getting away this weekend either by the looks of it....I cannot thank enough of you for your kind words when you heard the bad news, it is the only thing that had kept me going this week....sob sob (not one bloody reply) no body likes me, everybody hates me, let's go eat some worms.............

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well, I am still ill so no chance of getting away this weekend either by the looks of it....I cannot thank enough of you for your kind words when you heard the bad news, it is the only thing that had kept me going this week....sob sob (not one bloody reply) no body likes me, everybody hates me, let's go eat some worms.............
I know that ditty, are you by any chance part of the scout movement, that song is a beaver favourite.

roger

May 24, 2005
Visit site
We are! Going to our favourite CS in Dalby Forest, North Yorkshire. Love CL's - no probs with the loo, just make sure you give the cassette a good shake before you empty it and make sure the chamber is open before you sit down! Good luck.
Would somone please tell me what CL and CS stands for, I keep coming across it and have no idea what it means... thank you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts