Softex Ground Sheet

Apr 27, 2006
Visit site
Does anyone have the Softex ground sheet? I am looking at that and an Eco friendly ground sheet. The Eco type seems very thin what does everyone else think. I only have a small caravan so will only need 12 x 8 and although funds are limited I would pay for the better one as it has to last.

Many thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've been using Softex for years now without problem.

Do a Google search for the best price....last time I looked it was from Waudbys.

I think that the only one that is better is from Isabellab but now you are talking "real money"

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
I had what I assume is this product some while ago, and found that size for size it is very bulky when folded, compared to the Bolon type-if fact at least half as big again. However it is lighter. The holes that allow it to be breathable are too large, so that the grass grows through easily, unless you are diligent about lifting it. Because it is soft and thicker than Bolon, it is good on hard standing for example. It did seem to be difficult to remove mud stains.

So, there are pros and cons, and we relegated a part of our full awning softex to the porch awning, and switched to Bolon for the full awning, which is easier to live with, overall.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts