solar charging

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
Is there a reasonably priced solar charger on the market that will enable me to leave the battery on the van all year round,without the need to remove said battery and lug it into the shed to charge.

Cheer's Marco64

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
a 15 watt solar panel will keep the caravan/ motorhome battery up to scratch when the unit is not being used, but stored, and when you come to use it all will be fine. 15W is not enough if you are using the unit without additional charging, unless it is mid summer with little load but lighting.

geo

Jan 26, 2008
Visit site
a 15 watt solar panel will keep the caravan/ motorhome battery up to scratch when the unit is not being used, but stored, and when you come to use it all will be fine. 15W is not enough if you are using the unit without additional charging, unless it is mid summer with little load but lighting.

geo
This is what solar does best of all. You must size your solar panel to the right size for the battery - otherwise you risk overcharging the battery and destroying it.

If your solar panel is too big you would need to add a solar charge controller to your system which unnecessarily bumps up the cost.

As a rough rule of thumb, take the size of your battery in amphours. Then divide the amphour rating by five. This is the maximum size of solar panel (in watts) that you should consider buying for use as a solar battery charger.

For example: if you have a 75Ah battery, divide 75 by 5 to give you the number 15. 15 watt is the largest solar panel you should buy for basic battery charging.

You can then either prop the solar panel up in the window of your caravan, or fix it to the roof of the caravan.

Incidentally, during the spring, summer and early autumn months you'd find that a 12-15 watt solar panel would give you all the energy you'd need for caravan lighting so if that is all you use your battery for, you've got a complete system and all for less than

Jan 26, 2008
Visit site
This is what solar does best of all. You must size your solar panel to the right size for the battery - otherwise you risk overcharging the battery and destroying it.

If your solar panel is too big you would need to add a solar charge controller to your system which unnecessarily bumps up the cost.

As a rough rule of thumb, take the size of your battery in amphours. Then divide the amphour rating by five. This is the maximum size of solar panel (in watts) that you should consider buying for use as a solar battery charger.

For example: if you have a 75Ah battery, divide 75 by 5 to give you the number 15. 15 watt is the largest solar panel you should buy for basic battery charging.

You can then either prop the solar panel up in the window of your caravan, or fix it to the roof of the caravan.

Incidentally, during the spring, summer and early autumn months you'd find that a 12-15 watt solar panel would give you all the energy you'd need for caravan lighting so if that is all you use your battery for, you've got a complete system and all for less than

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
HI Mark.

If i was you i would talk to the guys at detriot solar they will help you in what you need they did for me and i am very happy with what i have got.

May 2, 2009
Visit site
Maplin sell a solar panel that is a trical charger. Its for 12Volt batterys and puts out 1.5W during day light hours and even in dull light. It costs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts