sorento

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
kia everytime

I have a 2006 xs its great for towing

I have previously owned a td5 and a disco 3 both of which were terrible I wouldn't touch a land rover with a barge pole. The sorento is really good value as well with the equipment you get and also far better to drive both solo and towing.

The sorento is definately the best buy in this category and you will be looking at a far newer car for your money

think about the land rover horror stories of reliablity whereas sorento won the JD power customer satisfaction survey a few years in a row and was also voted tow car of the year for several years as well.

With the Td5 your paying for the badge and alot of problems in the future. Apart from a range rover just avoid land rover at all cost

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
The sorento arriving next year looks good in print. If loses the current body on frame, and so get a weight reduction.

Also engine will be 2.2l, along with a 6 speed auto box.

power on paper is good at 195bhp. torque 322 lbft.

economy increases,emissions drop to 171.

Only negative i can see is a reduction in towing capacity, along with the common? transfer box failure.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I believe thatthe new Sorento will not suffer the transfer box problem as Kia have useda different approach to measuring slippage between the front and rear wheels such that the transfer clutch does not cut in so raedily. However it should be placed in the context that relatively few Sorentos have been affected. Looking at the used car trade guides they rarely mention any gearbox issues, only to make sure the 5 speed auto box has had the recall mod carried out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts