Sorting out.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
As we have finally got the caravan back which had to be emptied prior to repair, I have taken the chance to sort through it all before it all went back in. I love this.

I drink real tea, wifey drinks decaff.

What the hell is in that box?
A teapot.
Why, theres two of us and we drink different tea.

And what's this.
A trivet.
A what?
Trivet. To stand the teapot on.
Its cast iron for gawds sake.
Whats in that box?
The toaster.
What toaster?
The caravan one.
Why then have you been making toast in the grill.
It tastes better.
What are these?
Wine glasses.
You are teatotal and i hate wine.
We might have guests.
They can bring their own glasses then. And wine.
Where is my pint beer mug.
You wanted to shed weight, its in the bin.

And so on it went. I have shed near on 20kg of what can only be described as superfluous junk.

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
I have only had my van for nearly a year and i would hate to see what junk i have already got hidden away .😳😳🙈🙈

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
I did the same after collecting ours from service.
Don't know how much weight I saved but explained to George(wife),there's only a certain amount of cleaning(bleach,scouring pads,air fresheners,fly sprays etc..)that you need.🤭

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We did a trim a couple of days ago and there was a lot of just in case stuff like 4 wine glasses, but neither of us are wine drinkers. Too many coffee/tea mugs. DVDS that can no longer be used as no DVD player in TV. Some other stuff not required most times and can be put in wheel well in car.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Forget to mention the fact that she has had me in the workshop cutting wood for levelling. Chamfered edges and wedge fronts with dowells to interlock them if need. Treated so they wont rot. Then a knock at the door, she has bought me a Milenco ramp and chock to fit. I give up.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have managed to get the contents down to more or less what we need although eight place settings for the crockery, or should it be plasticery, is a bit over the top. We also have a set of wheel grips to get going on wet grass that have never been used. Bought after we only getting off one site by using the mover. Possibly they work by not being needed.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Whilst on the subject of superfluous junk, I have a caravan with a glass fronted cocktail cabinet in it. Why, just why would anybody put one of those in a caravan. As stated, I dont drink wine, but the bottle holders will only hold 75cl wine bottles, which means I have to carry 3 bottles of cheap vino collapso or the caravan looks unfinished.

By the way, at woosiefest, dont ask for wine, this stuff has been travelling with us for years, its not for drinking :LOL:

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Whilst on the subject of superfluous junk, I have a caravan with a glass fronted cocktail cabinet in it. Why, just why would anybody put one of those in a caravan. As stated, I dont drink wine, but the bottle holders will only hold 75cl wine bottles, which means I have to carry 3 bottles of cheap vino collapso or the caravan looks unfinished.

By the way, at woosiefest, dont ask for wine, this stuff has been travelling with us for years, its not for drinking :LOL:
Throwback to the fifties when you wore a suit when using the caravan and invited your neighbours on site around to drink all you.r liquor. :ROFLMAO:

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Before we went away on our present break we were sorting the caravan out what this in the bottom of the wardrobe never check it there was some Cider it might have been there when we brought the van .but is not now . . ;)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Throwback to the fifties when you wore a suit when using the caravan and invited your neighbours on site around to drink all you.r liquor. :ROFLMAO:
We had an ABI that had drinks cabinet with nice etched glass front and chrome sprung glass holders and bottle holders (wine not beer). Downhill ever since :mad:

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Before we went away on our present break we were sorting the caravan out what this in the bottom of the wardrobe never check it there was some Cider it might have been there when we brought the van .but is not now . . ;)
We never carry clothes, drink or food in the caravan as it eats into the payload.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
This ridiculous thing, except ours is above the centre worktops.

5638616-scaled.jpg

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
...We also have a set of wheel grips to get going on wet grass that have never been used. Bought after we only getting off one site by using the mover. Possibly they work by not being needed.

I bought a set of these traction mats after getting bogged down in a muddy field; never used them. Just like the Michelin Cross-Climate tyres which have never seen snow. They are a powerful talisman which will never be needed so long as you have them.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Our old Argente had the wine cabinet. The problem was the screws fastening the holders in were too small and fell out.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I bought a set of these traction mats after getting bogged down in a muddy field; never used them. Just like the Michelin Cross-Climate tyres which have never seen snow. They are a powerful talisman which will never be needed so long as you have them.
i am in agreement with you ;)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Only time I tried to use my grip tracks the Superb 4wd threw them backward even though they were pegged down. So unhitched and exited using mover.

• Haha
Reactions: CustardAvenger
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Only time I tried to use my grip tracks the Superb 4wd threw them backward even though they were pegged down. So unhitched and exited using mover.
Mine were the same, better to put them underneathe the caravan so it doesn't dig into the mud, I carry two sets in the car.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mine were the same, better to put them underneathe the caravan so it doesn't dig into the mud, I carry two sets in the car.
I suspect the Superb would still have had problems as it’s Cross Climates we’re just not finding grip on a very very wet Cumbrian CL. Even with the caravan unhitched the cars progress onto a hard track was fragile to say the least. That’s one reason that for the Subaru I fitted Bridgestone Weather Control as they have a more aggressive tread pattern compared to Criss Climates.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I Chose the Nokians for the same reason, but also we were going to Switzerland About every 4 months, without the caravan, but travelling through snowy areas. Need to change before winter so looking around again.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I Chose the Nokians for the same reason, but also we were going to Switzerland About every 4 months, without the caravan, but travelling through snowy areas. Need to change before winter so looking around again.
Yes he Nokians are more biased to snow performance than most of the other all seasons. Although the Goodyear Vectors may look like Cross Climates but the Goodyear’s are more snow biased. It’s interesting reading Continental website about the anticipated useage of their new all seasons. A few “ restrictions” stated that would put me off them for other than our runabout.

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Me and my daughter had a clean out of my van, we came across a lot of items that I new nothing about. So in the van now will be only things that I need, I also have a cocktail cabinet in the van that we never used as such, but use it for medication and first aid items.

Trevor

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site

On our last Shogun I fitted a set of Nokians, a mate commented that they were total ‘ditch finders’ ie poor tyres. Have to say they were great and I would fit them again without a thought.
The Yokohama Geolander AT that we have on the current Shogun are equally as good, quiet for an All Terrain and reasonably priced.

Kev

Reactions: Hutch
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have BF Goodrich TA K02 on the Shogun and they have been incredibly good. Wearing superbly well and will need to be changed through age before they wear out. Yes they were expensive but a different world to the Dunlop AT20 that were OEM.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just been sorting the van out come across rear support poles and a middle pole it not for the new awning might keep them in the garage it nice to have a spare set :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts