Southern Ireland

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
We are planning a trip with friends in May / June next year and are travelling Fishguard / Rosslare. As we will be crossing at different times can anybody suggest a campsite near Rosslare that we could meet up at. Also can you recommend any sites in the Wateford / Cork / Killarney areas. Any other advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Hugh

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Hugh. We went to Ireland for the first time, for two weeks in September. I posted on here for advice - if you go to the topic entitled "Ireland" on 5 September you will see the very useful response I got. The web site - www.camping-ireland.ie - will give you all the sites, and there are a few in the CC guide.

We stayed at :

River Valley, County Wicklow, *

Blarney Caravan and Camping Park, Cork,

Flemings White Bridge, Killarney, *

Glen of Aherlow, Tipperary, * and

Camac Valley, Dublin.

Those marked * are in the CC guide.

All were excellent sites. The scenery on the South coast - Ring of Kerry, and Dingle Peninsular - was superb (don't know why we haven't done it before). However, some of the roads can be narrow and bumpy for caravans so I would advise sticking to main roads when towing, where possible.

Hope this is helpful

Keith

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Hugh,

We have been to Ireland several times with our vans.

We use a site book produced by the Irish caravan & camping council.

To obtain a sites book you can contact them at

www.campingireland.ie

There are about 60 sites listed.

We normally get the 3am ferry which is empty, compared with the afternoon one that can be full.

If you need any more help let me know.

G.

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi Hugh,

Worth looking at the Caravn & Camping Club sites. They offer a site right on the Ring of Kerry. Southern Ireland good but not better than North Wales and the middle a bit plain and boring stay by the sea for the best veiws.

Wayne

Aug 14, 2007
Visit site
We stayed in Blarney Co Cork last Easter. It was a really nice site friendly people and spotless would highly reccomend it. Cork is a lovely place, well worth the visit and they usually get good weather in that part of the country.

Enjoy your trip next time you should try the north it well worth a visit too.

Karen

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts