spain campsites

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
going to spain next june using camping cheques.we stayed at l,amphora last time and enjoyed it.we,re thinking of trying Villanova pk, near Barcelona this time. Is it worth going that little bit further?Anyone been to both?

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We haven't been to Villanova, but have been to Cambrils Park several times (Camping Cheques) which is a bit further south still. Personally I don't think you can't beat the coastline of the Costa Brava - much prettier, and more interesting than further south, but Cambrils Park is an excellent site - good pitches, great facilities, immaculately clean, and two pool complexes, one either end of the site. The on-site restaurant, take-away, shop and bar are good too, and there's nightly entertainment.

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi David

Villanova is an excellent site, two pools plus indoor one since we were there last. Bus outside the gate into the town and beach,and not too far by train into Bacelona

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We haven't been to Villanova, but have been to Cambrils Park several times (Camping Cheques) which is a bit further south still. Personally I don't think you can't beat the coastline of the Costa Brava - much prettier, and more interesting than further south, but Cambrils Park is an excellent site - good pitches, great facilities, immaculately clean, and two pool complexes, one either end of the site. The on-site restaurant, take-away, shop and bar are good too, and there's nightly entertainment.
Hi Val.

We visited family for a day who were in a "rent a tent" on Cambrils Park, while we were at El Delfin Verde.

I agree that the site is excellent but what put me off returning there with a large caravan is the acessability to the pitches. It appeared a very tight squeeze.

What did you find?

Al

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Val.

We visited family for a day who were in a "rent a tent" on Cambrils Park, while we were at El Delfin Verde.

I agree that the site is excellent but what put me off returning there with a large caravan is the acessability to the pitches. It appeared a very tight squeeze.

What did you find?

Al
We didn't have any problem at all - although the 'middle' road up through the site looks narrow it's actually fine. However, our van is not that long (6.5 metres). We've been several times - pitched up by the top pool, just to the left of the access road, pitched on the other side of the access road, same area near the top pool, and then the last few times down nearer to the other pool to the right of the access road, between the pool and the first toilet block. These were the best pitches of all - plenty of space, lovely grass, just enough shade - and quieter at night if you didn't want to join in the entertainment. (Which fortunately doesn't go on way into the night). However, the lower pitches aren't open until the top sections have 'filled'.

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
We have been to Villanova Park twice and it is an excellant site with good facilities. There are a lot of statics but they are in a separate area and unlike some spanish sites very tidy and well maintained. We prefer the area near to the small zoo but that a mater of choice. However although the site is fine its not close to the sea and the town itself is quite a busy industrial place and we didnt particularly enjoy driving around it. If you are looking for a touring base or intend spending lots of time on the site its very good but if its a sea and sand holiday you are planning I would look at one of the sites around Salou or Cambrils.

Dave

We have been to Villanova Park twice and it is an excellant site with good facilities. There are a lot of statics but they are in a separate area and unlike some spanish sites very tidy and well maintained. We prefer the area near to the small zoo but that a mater of choice. However although the site is fine its not close to the sea and the town itself is quite a busy industrial place and we didnt particularly enjoy driving around it. If you are looking for a touring base or intend spending lots of time on the site its very good but if its a sea and sand holiday you are planning I would look at one of the sites around Salou or Cambrils.

Dave
Hi David

We stayed at Vilanova Park for five weeks in Jan/Feb this year and have mixed feelings about it. We used the indoor pool and jacuzzi every day and that was excellent especially because it was free Mon-Fri.Outdoor pools looked great but too cold to go in. Nice bar & restaurant and good supermarket on site. Very large site with masses of seasonal tourers, all Spanish we think. We had a pitch near the small zoo that was very shady, welcome in June I expect but not in January. The water on site is all de-salinated apart from a few drinking water taps which are very slow and queues form but its a good way to meet people and have a chat. We always bought 5lt bottles of water for drinking at the supermarket and when empty filled them with de-salinated water to put around the awning in an attempt to keep out the cats!! These were our biggest problem, there are lots & lots of them and if they get into your awning they spray on anything. Our pitch had to be raked before we could set up because they had been using it for a toilet.

There is an excellent bus service right outside the site into Vilanova beach front or to the station for trips to Barcelona, which is well worth a visit.

We really enjoyed visiting a nearby town called Sitges which is much nicer that Vilanova and we did notice a large campsite there but didnt stay there.

Going back to Spain for the winter next month but going further south to La Manga.

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi David

We stayed at Vilanova Park for five weeks in Jan/Feb this year and have mixed feelings about it. We used the indoor pool and jacuzzi every day and that was excellent especially because it was free Mon-Fri.Outdoor pools looked great but too cold to go in. Nice bar & restaurant and good supermarket on site. Very large site with masses of seasonal tourers, all Spanish we think. We had a pitch near the small zoo that was very shady, welcome in June I expect but not in January. The water on site is all de-salinated apart from a few drinking water taps which are very slow and queues form but its a good way to meet people and have a chat. We always bought 5lt bottles of water for drinking at the supermarket and when empty filled them with de-salinated water to put around the awning in an attempt to keep out the cats!! These were our biggest problem, there are lots & lots of them and if they get into your awning they spray on anything. Our pitch had to be raked before we could set up because they had been using it for a toilet.

There is an excellent bus service right outside the site into Vilanova beach front or to the station for trips to Barcelona, which is well worth a visit.

We really enjoyed visiting a nearby town called Sitges which is much nicer that Vilanova and we did notice a large campsite there but didnt stay there.

Going back to Spain for the winter next month but going further south to La Manga.
thanks for the replies.villanova sounds o.k.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts