Spain/Portugal escaping the English Winter

Sep 22, 2005
Visit site
Having recently retired we are planning a longer trip (around 3 months) to Spain and/or Portugal to escape the worst of the English Winter. However, if at all possible I would like to find sites that offer WiFi Internet Access or alternatively those that are not too far from Internet cafes. Does anyone have any experience/suggestions/tips please?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi nicholas.we did the 3 month trip on our retirment earleyer this year we did use one site with an internet cafe at cabapino spain but wouldn't recomend the site nery close to the main auotvista we did go to portugal aswell and would recomend camping tourismo near lagos super site well run i think they had inter net connections we are going again this comming year enjoy your holiday if you do get to largos take advantage of the trip out on the fast rib's to see the dolphins fantastic we were ableto touch them 8 miles out in the atlantic ocean regaurds peter

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Nicholas. We have been to Spain for the last two winters and have found that internet access is not a problem. You will find some places offering free acccess to restaurant customers also loads of internet cafes. Prices vary but were usually no more than about 3euros for half an hour. We used them to keep in contact with familly and friends also to keep track of the finances. I set up our credit card and bank accounts to be controlled by web access and this worked fine.

One point to consider is to get a credit card that does not charge a fee to use abroad, I use Nationwide and the Caravan Club card both are free to use and do not charge the wapping 1.75% that other crds charge

Go for it - you'll love it!

Nov 17, 2005
Visit site
hi nicholas, why not try geocities.com/fincadelapiedra, a cl type site near Cartama, with internet, no kids and a clean shower/toilet, what more could you want.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts