Spanish Pay as you Go Mobile Broadband Dongles

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi

Have anyone overwintering in Spain for prolonged periods ever used a Spanish mobile broadband service? In the UK we use Vodaphone and 3, but roaming charges for dongles bought in the UK are horrendous! It is possible to obtain pay as you go phones and SIM cards in Spain, but I haven't heard about mobile broadband dongles.

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi Val yes vodaphone out here in andalucia do have dongles.We are out here until May 2010.I am on my daughter's laptop.When she returns from menorca next wendesday i will ask her how much i think she pays monthly.Also next door has a computer buisness i will info off him

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi All,we are going out to santa pola on the 1st of November till 1st april so information on this subject would be of value to us too.Thanks Kev & Christina.

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
What you need is an old unlocked mobile phone and an unlocked dongle. Buy a payg simcard locally in Spain(or France).Put it in your phone and top it up via a payg system.Remove simcard and put in dongle. Set up dongle using appropriate settings (from internet here before you go).Works for me both here and there.

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi

Thanks everyone for your replies. I would be grateful for any other suggestions around. I don't want to set up a contract Roy, they are so hard to get out and the contract period is too long, but I thought the PAYG system would be great. I will try your system LaurieW but wont be able to get hold of a SIM card until we get to Spain, so maybe next year.

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi Val

Having checked around the system lauriew offers seems to be the cheapest.We are staying at Cabapino with my daughter and have noticed all the campsites,shopping centers and most bars have free wifi.Ifyou would like me to find out good cheap parking at malaga airport my daughter could help as she works out here in the travel trade.If this is of any help we paid 0.87 euro for diesel and if you go to the debit card pump you get an extra 2% off that was at Euroski supemarket at Fuengirola.

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Val

Having checked around the system lauriew offers seems to be the cheapest.We are staying at Cabapino with my daughter and have noticed all the campsites,shopping centers and most bars have free wifi.Ifyou would like me to find out good cheap parking at malaga airport my daughter could help as she works out here in the travel trade.If this is of any help we paid 0.87 euro for diesel and if you go to the debit card pump you get an extra 2% off that was at Euroski supemarket at Fuengirola.
Try yoigo, Dont need a contract, But nearly all the sites now have wifi at around 20_ a month.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts