Spider (Bug) Spray for Caravan floor air vents

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Hi folks,

Obviously we can’t control what walks into the caravan through our open windows or door

But has anyone used any type of long standing spray or repellant on the open floor vents to stop creepy crawlies crawlong into the caravan?

When we picked up our caravan there was a small web, and it was then when I wondered if there was something we could use to prevent

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Never felt the need to wage war on spiders but if you feel the need use pyrethrum powder around the holes. It comes as powder in a puff bottle, or as a powder sprayer. Clean up before using caravan.

Reactions: Saxo Appeal
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We used ant killer on the caravan stays, and ant pads near the wheels, mostly in summer, winter we don't have the problem.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We would prefer not to use those ant / wasp / fly killer sprays etc on our caravan, but not sure what else could be used that does not affect the environment?

Feb 6, 2024
Visit site
The best stuff is a red can of Raid, it does 2 things, will kill quickly and can be used as a prevention, whatever you spray it on it leaves an invisible film that lasts months, once the pest walks across it, it's curtains. I bought my last can with the weekly supermarket shop.

I had some tiny black things that looked like specs of pepper crawling around the drawers and crevices of our van, the previous owner had a dog and the hairs were everywhere along with these black things.

A dose of ant powder cleared most of them and a layer of Raid finished off the job.

Attachments

• 1000016342.jpg
    1000016342.jpg
    953.1 KB · Views: 2
Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
We had problems with spider webs on our CCTV cmeras (a spiders web reflects the night time infra red). We were told about something I didn't think would work. Put a small amount of peppermint essential oil into water in a spray bottle and spray the affected area. Spiders apparently don't like it and avoid the area. We haven't had webs on the cameras since, it smells very nice and we have used it in places we want to stop webs forming. We use it at about 1ml to 200ml water.

Reactions: Mel and Richtee180
Feb 6, 2024
Visit site
We had problems with spider webs on our CCTV cmeras (a spiders web reflects the night time infra red). We were told about something I didn't think would work. Put a small amount of peppermint essential oil into water in a spray bottle and spray the affected area. Spiders apparently don't like it and avoid the area. We haven't had webs on the cameras since, it smells very nice and we have used it in places we want to stop webs forming. We use it at about 1ml to 200ml water.
Peppermint oil and menthol is good for repelling mice.

Reactions: DeauxChevaux

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts