2. Liverpool crowned soccer Champions of Europe

3. Australia lost the Ashes tournament.

4. Pope Died

Year 2005

1. Prince Charles got married

2. Liverpool crowned soccer Champions of Europe

3. Australia lost the Ashes tournament

4. Pope Died

So, when Prince Charles decides to remarry ... please get me a ticket for the Champions' League Final; send a Condolence Card to any Aussies you know; AND.

email the Pope to ask how he's feeling !!!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Does this mean that all the cr1p and hoo ha over the England test team means that talk of revived greatness in the boring game is just that. TALK.

They fell at the next hurdle in Pakistan so I guess the deluded fools who, piled praise and awards on the clowns in white have another 24 years to wait for the Aussies to have a few nore off days :)

Oct 5, 2005
Visit site
1966 England won the World Cup.

2006 England didn't.
Cris, thats a bit harsh. Im not saying the Engalnd cricket team is the best in the world but what a series. Maximum effort with great sportsmanship from an up and comming predominantly young team - cricket just doesnt get any better than that. By the way the Aussies lost to Packistan the last time they toured there.

Martin

Oct 5, 2005
Visit site
Cris, thats a bit harsh. Im not saying the Engalnd cricket team is the best in the world but what a series. Maximum effort with great sportsmanship from an up and comming predominantly young team - cricket just doesnt get any better than that. I for one was lucky enough to have a magnificent day out at the Trent Bridge test.

By the way the Aussies lost to Pakistan the last time they toured there.

Martin

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Sorry guys, but I fail to see how people can get so excited over a Test series that gets result through weather and light and umpiring mistake.

So many times in cricket tests, light stop play and then they roll out onto the pitch half way through the next morning. World class golfers start earlier due to weather or light problems and extend the days played.

So called pro cricketers who claim or bask in claims of greatness following results partly based on the elements really is a mystery to me. Hysteria over one series, greatness comes with consistent wins.

And some of the drunken behaviour after the series was disgusting quite frankly.

What an example to set people when constantly we hear about binge drinking problems and we have the drinking problems of the likes of George Best, Gazza and even Charles Kennedy.

Recently public comment was made that Flintoff greatest feat was the ability to take three pints and hold and drink in one go!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts