St Jean De Mont in July

May 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi !

Am heading to Le Bois Maisson, in St jean de mont and feeling a little uneasy due to this being my first time driving in France.

apparently it will be a min of 5 hour drive, and the road numbers etc seem confusing, any advice would be most welcome.

thanks

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Relax Anthony - driving in France is a pleasure compared to this country due to there being far less traffic as many other contributors on this forum will Im sure confirm.

We did St John de Monts 5 years ago staying at La Yole. Its a very nice place with a superb beach.

You dont say what port you are traveling to so I cant comment on the 5 hour drive. We went from Dover to Calais and stayed overnight near Le Mans.

The only driving tip I'd give is just remember that the driver needs to be next to the kerb rather than in the middle of the road after pulling out of junctions - but it will become second nature after a few miles and the first couple of roundabouts. Never had a problem with road numbers - if you are not sure just keep in mind the next major town you need to be heading towards and let the road numbers look after themselves.

Just relax and enjoy.

Martin.

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
We are off to St Jean de Monts next week after having a few nights in Normandy. As has been said - dont necessary worry about the road numbers in France, more importantly, follow the signs to the major places you are passing through. We will be travelling from Cherbourg - Rennes - Nantes. Then I think I have chosen to go half way round the Nantes ring road - out onto the road to Bordeaux - off at J1 towards Macheoul then Challans and St Jean de Monts. All are pretty major roads so the signing should be clear (she says).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The mileage from Cherbourg to St Jean de Mont is approx 270 miles. Whilst this is IMHO a "day's drive", ferry timings can throw you out a bit. We crossed over Poole/ Cherbourg at midday and spent the first night some 30 miles down the peninsula at Carentan and then had an easy drive into StJdM the following day. If you use an overnight crossing into Cherbourg you should arrive at you destination by mid afternoon. It is a relatively easy journey on autoroute and N roads.

May 22, 2008
Visit site
thanks to all who have posted.

according to "the boss" we arrive in Roscoff at around 10am, so it should be easy !!

Have route similar to most, that is towards Rennes, nantes and onto st jean de monts.

Thanks again, and more than likely will turn out to be a breeze once we get there.

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
There are plenty of route planners that you can use.

I use mappy.com. when you log on set it for caravan.

The route Lesley sugested is about right.

Challans is a lovely little town well worth a visit.

Get your fuel from the hypermarkets, a lot cheaper than the auto routes.

Have a good un

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts