stagnent water

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
hi, as new comers to caravaning we have encountered a bit of a problem. Wherever we go the water tastes foul!! even after boiling. can anyone help!! we have tried rincing the aqua roll and dunning water for a while to get rid of anything left in the system, but to no avail. Any help would be most appreciated.

many thanks

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Darren, I always fill my van up with sterile water (milton fluid for babys)as with all water containers,leave for 24hrs then flush with clean water never had a problem in 7 years

Paul from durham

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with paul on the use of Milton for sterilising aquarol and containers. however be carefull when using milton around Stainless Steel as it is reputed to be corrosive!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had this awful taste on our van from new, and tried milton. Our dealer then used Puriclens, which again did not work. He then suggested we use Peroxide which you can get from the pharmacist(yes the stuff that Perozide blonde comes from!!!) I'll have a look tonight to get the instructions and amounts needed, but this seemed to work well. Most important is the flushing through with fresh water.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Right - here goes. These were the instructions I got from my dealer for Tainted Pipes.

Use 500ml of Hydrogen Peroxide to 5 gallons of water. Flush into system and leave for 2 hours.

Flush out with a minimum of 20 gallons of water.

As mentioned earlier, it worked on my pipes.

Good luck.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We always use Milton at the start of every season. Leave it to stand by blocking up your outlet pipes for a couple of hoours and then flush through with clean water. Even though I do this, I always have a couple of empty milk bottles (plastic) and fill them up when i fill the aquarolls and use that for drinking water instead of direct from the caravan tap. I still use the tap water for cleaning my teeth, washing up etc but for brews I use the bottled water.

Hope that helps.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brewcleanse or similar is also good and obtainable from anywhere that sell Home Wine and Beer making kits. It will clean and sterilise, again just let your system soak for a wile and its ok for Stainless Steel. Flush with plenty of COLD clean water.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts