stain marks on woodwork

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it is actual wood. Most caravans will have a photo veneer which will be difficult to clean. Do you know what the stains are?

May 4, 2022
Visit site
Hi, The stains are black spots probably caused by damp, and I don't know what a photo veneer is, but I have a hobby van and it looks and feels like wood, but I'm prepared to be proven wrong

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi, The stains are black spots probably caused by damp, and I don't know what a photo veneer is, but I have a hobby van and it looks and feels like wood, but I'm prepared to be proven wrong
Oxalic acid is used to remove dark stains from wood. Proprietary wood stain removers often contain it. But presumably since yours is real wood it will have a coat of varnish which would require gentle sanding away in the localised area before treating the stain.
Alternatively a weak solution if peroxide. But the frisk of any method is that the cure is worse than the condition and you then have to sand down an extended area and restain it back to match the surrounding area(s)

Reactions: Len W

macandy

BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Visit site

usually is real wood veneer on German vans. But!
If you refinish one panel, it will stand out like a sore thumb.
I have some bits on my Hymer where the varnish is cracking, decided to live with the ‘character’.

how bad is it? Can you share a picture?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
White spirit vinegar applied carefully, if no joy reform the mixture, Small part baking powder and white vinegar.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts