Static Caravans and Touring/Motor Homes

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
What are your views on sharing a site which has Static caravans and Tourer/Motorhome and Camping pitches, do you not mind, or would you rather stick to a site for Touring/Motorhomes and Camping Only. Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As long as the facilities on site are up to standard, I don't mind who I share the site with.

Except maybe people playing ball games, having BBQs, a laugh, or windbreaks. 4x4 owners are a no no, dog owners should be banned along with kids, beer drinkers , TV watchers and everyone should have the same none fixed bed, no shower, caravan.

These are, as you asked for, only views, Liz. But is possible to ban rich people, poor people and people with beards? I don't want to see any wind generators, solar panels or portable power packs. A curfew at 9pm and no English breakfasts cooked before 10am. Did I mention 4x4 owners?

OK, where was I? Ah, no sleeping bags, duvets only. Mops and buckets allowed but definitely no squeegee or Izal toilet paper. No dressing gowns or flimsy attire when going to the facilities, but OK when you come back, as long as it's sunny and before 4AM. No fishermen and golfers, for no reason whatsoever, but as a group are worth victimizing because they should be in their van watching TV.

No TVs.

Apart from that lot I'm an easy going chap with no real needs or special requirements.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I thought I covered that bit with the first sentence, Liz.

Now don't go and make me repeat myself, I might find a few other things to add.

Lisa, as long as they promise to take care of their stolen cars and return them after use, I don't mind, they can come in.

ans as long as the stolen cars ain't four wheel drive, with mums behind the wheel. Going to school. In Chelsea.

And after 6pm only.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We try and avoid statics, to many are let out to people who are just in the for the odd week and have no cares about others.

In the UK avoid at all cost unless you have good positive info re staying on a particular site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi LolWhat has 4x4 and unruly children got to do with this topic, unless you think all static's have unruly children and drive 4x4???? Liz
They do? Ban them then, do it now before they notice it. Then tax them, do it now, before they notice it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We often go to Widend Caravan Park in Paignton and they have started to introduce static vans on the site. They also accept motor homes and campers. To date the site has been very well run with NO problems experienced from any holiday maker no matter what their accommodation is. I have been away myself in a tent, caravan, motor home and also rented a static van (can't afford to buy one) and have been accepted by the other holiday makers with no problem. We are all born equal so why make this demarkation regarding your choice of holiday accommodation? I hate class distinction and snobbery.

I recall on one site many years ago a young couple in a small ridge tent were flooded out during the night. We invited them into our van for the rest of the night, offered them dry clothing and helped them to sort their equipment out the following day after eating a hearty breakfast.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
It doesn't matter Liz.

My daughter used a selection of private statics in Yorkshire a while back. She and her friend stopped using them as there was always so much noise and quite frankly a rabble in one direction or another.

Private owners let others use/rent them who often have no thought for others especially as they will not be revisiting.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Surely going on holiday and sharing a site with any other holidaymakers is to be expected.

The type of other accomodation dosent really matter, what matters is, the ability for each person to have an enjoyable time, without causing a nuisance to others, or being disturbed by others inconsiderate ways.

As for whether Liz said rented or not,the answer is neither, she did not say rented, or otherwise, it is up to the reader to place their interperation on the term "static" unless the originator specifically stated the type in the first place, which she didnt.

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
I've stayed on a number of sites which have a proportion of statics, when I have been in a tent, trailer tent, or tourer.

Never noticed any problem.

In the winter we often book a static (just come back for 2 weeks in the New Forest), as you can get them for little more than the cost of a pitch. This was on a static only site, and I wouldn't fancy it in high season, as it looked very cramped if it was full.

There are a proportion of people with all sorts of unit who will be noisy or whatever - I doubt if it relates specifically to statics, even rental ones.

The only group who are guaranteed to behave perfectly are owners of classic Range Rovers towing Sprite Compacts.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Cris all I said was Static Caravans I did not mention rental, you jumped on rental automatically, can you explain to me why rental or privately owned. Read the topic again and don't jump to conclusions. that all static's are rented out. Then answer the topic. Liz

Mar 15, 2007
Visit site
I've stayed on a number of sites which have a proportion of statics, when I have been in a tent, trailer tent, or tourer.

Never noticed any problem.

In the winter we often book a static (just come back for 2 weeks in the New Forest), as you can get them for little more than the cost of a pitch. This was on a static only site, and I wouldn't fancy it in high season, as it looked very cramped if it was full.

There are a proportion of people with all sorts of unit who will be noisy or whatever - I doubt if it relates specifically to statics, even rental ones.

The only group who are guaranteed to behave perfectly are owners of classic Range Rovers towing Sprite Compacts.
hi im new to all this caravan stuff done the camping but most time spent in hotels abroad

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I answered the question !

"We try and avoid statics, to many are let out to people who are just in the for the odd week and have no cares about others."

I never mentioned rental!

I said let out meaning that owners let others use them be that FOC or for a rental charge.

I don't see that privately owned or site owned rent by the week statics or what ever makes much difference!

Mar 15, 2007
Visit site
As long as the facilities on site are up to standard, I don't mind who I share the site with.

Except maybe people playing ball games, having BBQs, a laugh, or windbreaks. 4x4 owners are a no no, dog owners should be banned along with kids, beer drinkers , TV watchers and everyone should have the same none fixed bed, no shower, caravan.

These are, as you asked for, only views, Liz. But is possible to ban rich people, poor people and people with beards? I don't want to see any wind generators, solar panels or portable power packs. A curfew at 9pm and no English breakfasts cooked before 10am. Did I mention 4x4 owners?

OK, where was I? Ah, no sleeping bags, duvets only. Mops and buckets allowed but definitely no squeegee or Izal toilet paper. No dressing gowns or flimsy attire when going to the facilities, but OK when you come back, as long as it's sunny and before 4AM. No fishermen and golfers, for no reason whatsoever, but as a group are worth victimizing because they should be in their van watching TV.

No TVs.

Apart from that lot I'm an easy going chap with no real needs or special requirements.
my oh my

are u sure caravan for you ..you know there is others and they have life with kids on site...are you alive ?..or are you human?

easy going u say?..i think u best at home in your back yard with no one to speak to you sound so boring...why do you have a caravan????/no sport no tv? mm the mind boggles..maybe families should be aware of you around...as you not happy soul?????

lozzy

Mar 15, 2007
Visit site
I answered the question !

"We try and avoid statics, to many are let out to people who are just in the for the odd week and have no cares about others."

I never mentioned rental!

I said let out meaning that owners let others use them be that FOC or for a rental charge.

I don't see that privately owned or site owned rent by the week statics or what ever makes much difference!
i owend a static van and never let it out...

and the majorty dont let them..its the site that owns vans that causes the probs...during summer season...if i let i had to go through the site manager and he let it off...he dont give monkeys to whom he let off too..money for him..so dont blame owners off static vans..most static van owners let off to faimly.and warn them..most of probs with static due to you site letting off there own vans ...seen it why i bought a tourer..i can up and off

lozzy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts