Static Caravans and Touring/Motor Homes

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Changing the topic - when did these white faces appear along side our names when we post on here. Never noticed them before. They appear to be smiling but on times I can post and be a miserable sod so they are not a true representation of one's feelings.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Moderator for giving a judgement which suits most contributers, and perhaps you can also include the requirement that topic originators are required to think carefully about the ramifications of their topics in future!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The moderators are here to see fair play. I think that if they are going to be judgemental on the original posted topic area it will be far too constrictive on the individual and aslo a hell of a lot more work and responsibilty on the moderator. As they are at the moment they are undertaking their task with impartiality.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
To VIP2006, The Moderator intervened because of you putting one step over the line in your line of questioning. There was nothing wrong with the wording of my topic. Especially this is a General Forum you had not the right to that, so perhaps you in future be careful, in your line of questioning. Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
liz - what line are you talking about, if I had stepped over the line then the moderator would surely have withdrawn my input to the forum. and please don,t forget that you do not decide who contributes to any topic on the Forum.

I sincerely hope that my replies are retained on this topic and that potential purchasers of static caravans ask the same questions when they are negotiating etc,

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Of course many questions are asked with potential purchasers, like the questions you asked but all I saying there is a time and place for these sorts of questions, nobody in their right mind would just get information on forum or telephone, after all what ever you intend to purchase whether a static tourer/motorhome etc and I did say at the beginning I am not advertising it was just a general topic, therefore I was not advertising I don't think your line of questioning was in order on this topic, otherwise my topic would have been worded differently as I said I raised the topic on your view of sharing a site with static's and tourers/motorhomes, Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Of course many questions are asked with potential purchasers, like the questions you asked but all I saying there is a time and place for these sorts of questions, nobody in their right mind would just get information on forum or telephone, after all what ever you intend to purchase whether a static tourer/motorhome etc and I did say at the beginning I am not advertising it was just a general topic, therefore I was not advertising I don't think your line of questioning was in order on this topic, otherwise my topic would have been worded differently as I said I raised the topic on your view of sharing a site with static's and tourers/motorhomes, Liz
08:54 PM I too have been following this topic with some interest.

I am now very undecided as to whether to let it run or close it down.

On the one hand, Liz asks for comments about statics and tourers sharing the same site, with an interpretation,shared by others as well as myself, that she is the owner of the site.

On the other hand it transpires that she is not the owner and that what happens regarding the managerial running of the site is not in her control.

As comments were asked for, and as the scenario panned out, it was quite right and proper for VIP2006 to ask about leases and resale of static vans, but Liz suddenly feels used and hurt, and I wonder why, after all, it is not her business,as such, it belongs to other people.

I will keep this topic under review for the time being

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
liz - what line are you talking about, if I had stepped over the line then the moderator would surely have withdrawn my input to the forum. and please don,t forget that you do not decide who contributes to any topic on the Forum.

I sincerely hope that my replies are retained on this topic and that potential purchasers of static caravans ask the same questions when they are negotiating etc,
The moderator also said this:

If this is causing the original poster a problem in answering, then maybe it is time to call it a day and close this topic.

Perhaps the originator would like to state their wishes on this matter

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
08:54 PM I too have been following this topic with some interest.

I am now very undecided as to whether to let it run or close it down.

On the one hand, Liz asks for comments about statics and tourers sharing the same site, with an interpretation,shared by others as well as myself, that she is the owner of the site.

On the other hand it transpires that she is not the owner and that what happens regarding the managerial running of the site is not in her control.

As comments were asked for, and as the scenario panned out, it was quite right and proper for VIP2006 to ask about leases and resale of static vans, but Liz suddenly feels used and hurt, and I wonder why, after all, it is not her business,as such, it belongs to other people.

I will keep this topic under review for the time being
To VIP2006 new posting from Moderator 2 17/03/07 09.23pm read, my reply 17/03/07 09.46pm. read.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To VIP2006 new posting from Moderator 2 17/03/07 09.23pm read, my reply 17/03/07 09.46pm. read.
The moderator said "Thank you all for your individual input, it has made decisions much easier.

As far as I am aware, at the present time there is no witch hunt over statics, but, the original topic had moved away to more of the static side and problems associated with some sites."

This is what he was saying!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts