Static Caravans and Touring/Motor Homes

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
lorraine.

I understand but we know we can use a static whenever we want in number of places where the statics are privately owned. When you use it you are " family ".

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Liz

Why is my reply 'not over keen on statics' awkward?.

If I am looking to book a site and there are lots of statics on it, regardless of whether they are privately owned by their occupiers or not, it tends to put me off.

It just conjurers up 'Haven' to me, meaning cram 'em in and charge 'em lots without providing a good service.

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As long as the facilities on site are up to standard, I don't mind who I share the site with.

Except maybe people playing ball games, having BBQs, a laugh, or windbreaks. 4x4 owners are a no no, dog owners should be banned along with kids, beer drinkers , TV watchers and everyone should have the same none fixed bed, no shower, caravan.

These are, as you asked for, only views, Liz. But is possible to ban rich people, poor people and people with beards? I don't want to see any wind generators, solar panels or portable power packs. A curfew at 9pm and no English breakfasts cooked before 10am. Did I mention 4x4 owners?

OK, where was I? Ah, no sleeping bags, duvets only. Mops and buckets allowed but definitely no squeegee or Izal toilet paper. No dressing gowns or flimsy attire when going to the facilities, but OK when you come back, as long as it's sunny and before 4AM. No fishermen and golfers, for no reason whatsoever, but as a group are worth victimizing because they should be in their van watching TV.

No TVs.

Apart from that lot I'm an easy going chap with no real needs or special requirements.
Lorraine

Lol is only joking........

Lisa

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Liz

I once shared a site with LOL so I am not that fussy!

Don't mind statics as long as the tourers and statics are well seperated. Static users are either renters (don't care about others too much) or owners (care a little too much about their pride and joy)

I would much rather spend time with friends. Don't care if they have a van, tent or a static

May 12, 2006
Visit site
What are your views on sharing a site which has Static caravans and Tourer/Motorhome and Camping pitches, do you not mind, or would you rather stick to a site for Touring/Motorhomes and Camping Only. Liz

No problem,if you look a little to the future you will have no choice!!!!. Static means it's "fixed" it does not mean it's 30 odd feet long, it could be a Tourer on a seasonal pitch (That's Static for a few months )It seems to me that in the future we will be going from storage to a seasonal site, and then back to storage.

It depends what you want from your caravan?? Is it a second home ???? ( Cheaper than Bricks ) or is it to go to a CL for peace and quite ???. Different people have their own reasons for owning their caravans so they use different sites, according to what they want from their hobby.

Val & Frank

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The big thing against statics is that the site owner and their underlings have in the main a lovely attitude before you have bought but a different one when you become a owner. Also when the going gets tough try towing a static and try getting another site to accept your van!!!

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Frank I just wanted to clarify Static does mean fixed , plumbed in etc,etc. you cannot just pick it up and tow it away, if you want to move a static caravan low loaders are used. Hobbys are not fixed they are not sited they can be moved and towed. You might be right what you say years from now they might all be static vans. Hope not I love my tourer so do you I expect and many others, hopefully not in our life time, so we all must enjoy. Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Liz,

This topic seems to be rather obtuse, You ask if people for their views and then criticise them!

It might be helpful if you would explain the reason for your question, as it seems you have some agenda that is not immediately apparent.

For my own take on the subject, I view each caravan site on an individual basis and depending on what I perceive as being better or worse make my choice at that time. For what its worth, I have used sites where both Touring and Static/mobile homes have been present and I have enjoyed my holiday, equally I have used and enjoyed sites that have been tourers only - what more is there to say

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As long as the facilities on site are up to standard, I don't mind who I share the site with.

Except maybe people playing ball games, having BBQs, a laugh, or windbreaks. 4x4 owners are a no no, dog owners should be banned along with kids, beer drinkers , TV watchers and everyone should have the same none fixed bed, no shower, caravan.

These are, as you asked for, only views, Liz. But is possible to ban rich people, poor people and people with beards? I don't want to see any wind generators, solar panels or portable power packs. A curfew at 9pm and no English breakfasts cooked before 10am. Did I mention 4x4 owners?

OK, where was I? Ah, no sleeping bags, duvets only. Mops and buckets allowed but definitely no squeegee or Izal toilet paper. No dressing gowns or flimsy attire when going to the facilities, but OK when you come back, as long as it's sunny and before 4AM. No fishermen and golfers, for no reason whatsoever, but as a group are worth victimizing because they should be in their van watching TV.

No TVs.

Apart from that lot I'm an easy going chap with no real needs or special requirements.
Sorry Lorraine. I didn't think anyone would take that list seriously. Usually I'm a master at the art of sarcasm, unfortunately this little passage seems to have let me down. Either that, or I'm being sarcastic. A few forum members (am I the only one to laugh at that word?) on this site have met me and know that I am a drinker, I watch TV, I like 4x4s, we have a dog/werewolf, and like the good old BBQ. I have also in the past recommended fixed beds and shower rooms. I have an old RV which has both a genny and air con and a small collection of windbreaks. Oh and my facial hair is prominent on my chin.

I'm not that, easy going though......

Unless of course you were being sarcastic too, Lorraine?

If so, I like you too. ;o)

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hello John L.We have just taken off our 23 rental static's off site, one buy one they left the site on a low loader, the tears were running down my face, they have been replaced with brand new static holiday homes for people to purchase, they are for people to use for themselves or family.

I do not think in a million years owners of these static's would wish to rent them out because of the quality,(None have so far).

They are situated away from the touring area, so they have their own space, and tourers have their own space. This will be our first season with privately owned static's; touring site will be just the same.

Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello John L.We have just taken off our 23 rental static's off site, one buy one they left the site on a low loader, the tears were running down my face, they have been replaced with brand new static holiday homes for people to purchase, they are for people to use for themselves or family.

I do not think in a million years owners of these static's would wish to rent them out because of the quality,(None have so far).

They are situated away from the touring area, so they have their own space, and tourers have their own space. This will be our first season with privately owned static's; touring site will be just the same.

Liz
Hi Liz. why has all of the rental vans been removed from the site?

What is the contract terms for potential owners to buy one of the replacement vans.

What are the rules and regulations for the site.

Do you allow ball games/kite flying/cycling etc. etc.etc.

If I want to buy a van how often will I be made to upgrade it.?

I fear you will not be answering this one the same as you have ignored to reply to my other post.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi VIP2006, I did not mean to ignore your last post, I have looked back and read your comments.

I will try to answer as best I can, being I not the owner of the site only site warden.

My other duties on this site were to look after 23 rental static's.

We are quite a popular site just outside Truro so quite central to town and all areas i.e. Eden Product, St.Ives, Falmouth, etc.etc.

More and more came on site enquiring for holiday homes to buy, at this point in time; our vans were not suitable for 12months ususage only seasonal. So owner decided to replace the 23 with brand new central heated, double glazed holiday homes.

Our Licence here for a Holiday Home is 10years,

Obviously we have site rules, but nothing that you would not expect.

What else did you ask oh yes

Ball games are not allowed what so ever around static's, or touring/motorhomes, playing field area only.

Flying kites well really depends on what type and how many people on site maybe allowed in playing fields not sure never had a kite flyer here yet.

Cycling around, and around site has got to be no. but cycling on and off site yes. Keeping to the 5mph speed limit of course.

P,S yes you are quite right if you want to take your van off a site you would have to hire a low loader, by why do that if your happy with the site your on, I cannot speak for other site owners, but people here seem happy and get on with us all very well, so no mention that wish to remove their van and take it to another site.

Liz

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
I thought that would be better having statics owner occupied, rather than different people turning up every week. nevermind another one bites the dust.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

No TVs.

well I thought it was funny !

Catherine

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Liz out of curiosity how much are these new homes to buy, what is the annual renta/service charge and how do these figures compare with the static caravans they have replaced? However tell me to mind my own business if theses figures are confidential, I will understand. Also are they a full 12 months accommodation as the statics in Porthcawl can only be occupied for 10 months of the year? - they must be vacated in January and February.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Colin, I will answer your questions about our static homes, but I do not want people to think I am advertising them because I am not, I did raise this as a topic because as I said this is our first season for privately owned statics.

The 23 statics we took off nobody owned them they all belonged to the owner of the Park here, so they were always rented out, we opened them up April to the end of October , they had no central heating nor were they double glazed, so hence not suitable for winter use..

We also opened another field about a year ago with these types of statics 19 in total and they all have been sold.

Because we had a lot of enquiries from people for more static's, owner decided to replace these 23 static's, don't get me wrong they were in very good condition but not suitable for all year round use.

So Brand New Static's Fully Gas Central Heating which they are all plumbed into our Big Tanks which every van has a meter, electric, water each unit has its own meter.

We have different styles of vans, some fitted seats, some with removal settees. Prices range from

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Liz

I think you are deluding yourself in thinking that the 'owners' of the new statics will only allow family members use of them. Some people are unscrupulous when it comes to making a quick buck. How can you honestly tell if 'visitors' are family members?

Hope all goes well though.

Ann

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin, I will answer your questions about our static homes, but I do not want people to think I am advertising them because I am not, I did raise this as a topic because as I said this is our first season for privately owned statics.

The 23 statics we took off nobody owned them they all belonged to the owner of the Park here, so they were always rented out, we opened them up April to the end of October , they had no central heating nor were they double glazed, so hence not suitable for winter use..

We also opened another field about a year ago with these types of statics 19 in total and they all have been sold.

Because we had a lot of enquiries from people for more static's, owner decided to replace these 23 static's, don't get me wrong they were in very good condition but not suitable for all year round use.

So Brand New Static's Fully Gas Central Heating which they are all plumbed into our Big Tanks which every van has a meter, electric, water each unit has its own meter.

We have different styles of vans, some fitted seats, some with removal settees. Prices range from

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ann, Its not a very site here, most of the people they have purchased use the van solely for themselves, there name is on the Licence so they are the ones to use them, they must notify us if a family member is going to use the van, so far the ones that have purchased use the van themselves, as they have 12months usage, they are mostly here all the time and use their vans, so we are all aware who's on site. Liz

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ann, Its not a very site here, most of the people they have purchased use the van solely for themselves, there name is on the Licence so they are the ones to use them, they must notify us if a family member is going to use the van, so far the ones that have purchased use the van themselves, as they have 12months usage, they are mostly here all the time and use their vans, so we are all aware who's on site. Liz
P.S I don't think in a million years people will ever rent these vans out they are too" posh" if you know what I mean, even if they did we would know, I can tell you now who everybody is and future buyers. Besides we have just got rid off 23 rental statics, don't want anymore. Best left privately owned, mostly semi or retired people here that own them. Liz

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Sorry Liz. I don't know the name of your site - where can I find out?
Hi Ann not sure whether it's ok to tell you name of this site, if you think its ok, I will, or if your in contact with Lord B or Colin(bridend) I think they know. Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Liz. Please can you answer the following points:

1 - When a owner wants to sell his van to someone else, do they have to sell through the siteowner, and if so what fee does he charge?

2 - If a owner wants to change the van for a new one what is the change over fee for removing the old from the pitch and installation of the new one in its place?

3 - What are a owners rights regarding tenure on the site, particularly regarding disputes?

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi VIP2006,

If you wish to sell your van, you can sell it back to the site owner, or you can sell it privately all in the Licence which a copy is available for buyers.

Buying a static it's a 10 year Lease, bearing in mind these are brand new vans..

Are you referring to you as a owner of a static or owner of site disputes can you please clarify I cannot answer this properly.

Regards Liz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts