Static Valuation

Sep 11, 2024
Visit site
Hi All

I am looking for some advice if possible as I don't really know where I stand.
I purchased a static caravan last year and paid £32,500. I requested a valuation from the Holiday Park at the weekend and they advised as the caravan is over 10 years old it would be sold to a trader and it values at £9000. I need to pay £1500 disconnection and 15% to the park also. The tenure is 25 years.
I am really annoyed as the caravan was 10 years old when we bought it so surely they should not have sold this to me and they have went against their own terms & conditions.

On the valuation it states Date introduced was September 2012 and Reg Year/Plate is 2013

The caravan is selling for £21,000 and £31,000 on some sites and I think the Park are being difficult. I know they decrease in value but £23,500 in a year is a lot.

Does anyone know if I can take it further if they have sold it to me against the terms & conditions stated?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi All

I am looking for some advice if possible as I don't really know where I stand.
I purchased a static caravan last year and paid £32,500. I requested a valuation from the Holiday Park at the weekend and they advised as the caravan is over 10 years old it would be sold to a trader and it values at £9000. I need to pay £1500 disconnection and 15% to the park also. The tenure is 25 years.
I am really annoyed as the caravan was 10 years old when we bought it so surely they should not have sold this to me and they have went against their own terms & conditions.

On the valuation it states Date introduced was September 2012 and Reg Year/Plate is 2013

The caravan is selling for £21,000 and £31,000 on some sites and I think the Park are being difficult. I know they decrease in value but £23,500 in a year is a lot.

Does anyone know if I can take it further if they have sold it to me against the terms & conditions stated?
I would contact Which Legal Services who give an initial free consultation then you can pay monthly for their support if there’s a case to pursue. They are experts at consumer law but they don’t represent you. But it could help your case if you then have access to legal help via say home or caravan insurance. Which costs about £100 for a years support.

Sorry to hear of your situation but unfortunately the static holiday parks generate an ongoing stream of horror stories.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
No-one is legally obliged to sell anything at any price. An item is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it. Can a Rolex watch, or an oil painting really be "worth" vast sums of money?
You were clearly happy to pay the £32,500 the seller was asking, and accept their sites terms and conditions. Who is to say that's it was "worth" that much when you bought it?

Having said all of that I do feel that perhaps you have a valid argument.
My best advice would be to seek professional legal advice from an expert.
Which none of the forum members are likely to be.

Reactions: ABINew2023

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I agree, get professional advice. There is also a Facebook group called Holiday Parks Action Group. It is not a substitute for proper legal advice but you may find folks on it who have experienced similar issues. I am not a member of it myself so cannot comment on its usefulness.
Good luck
Mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I totally agree with avice others have given you, but its far from uncommon for sites to have an age limit for static caravans, but it must be stated in the T&C's of the contract you should have been given to read before you signed the contract.

I wish you luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts