Steamy Windows

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello all, sorry to bring this one up again, im sure its been covered many times.
the windows on my 2008 swift are starting to mist up, when I got the van last year just the front left window was misted, I sorted it out with a hair dryer. now all 3 front windows are misting and so is the door very slightly. When I cleaned the van at the end of last year I polished the windows with a product called VuPlex, they looked amazing, however Im sure I read somewhere that these windows need to breathe, and polish can cause problems. Has anyone else come across this?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Condensation is quite normal at this time of year with the relatively high daytime temperatures and low night time temperatures.
The atmosphere is still heavily laden with moisture, it is showing 83% here in my back garden right now.

With the sun on the van windows the condensation should disperse during the day but return when it gets cooler
As the Summer progresses the problem should go completely,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,until next year.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Our front windows sometimes steam up, but when we are using the caravan the condensation quickly clears when the heating inside the caravan warms the windows up.
I polish / wax the windows and this makes no difference whatsoever

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts