Sterilizing Internal pipes

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
Do you need to sterilize the internal pipes before using the water works?
I bought a bottle of Milton & was trying to think what I have to sterilize.
Would you place the solution in the fresh water container with fresh water & run the taps to get the Milton through the system until empty?
If I did this & ran the hot water tap as well, then obviously this would then go into the hot water tank, is this ok if also drained?

Thanks in advance

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi Millar

I sterilize my pipes twice a year with milton tablets. I fill the water barrel pop the milton in and let the tablets disolve. Then i fill the boiler and let the water come through to the taps. Only leave the milton in the system for 15 mins as any longer can damage the metal in your boiler. Then i drain the system and refill with plain fresh water and flush out the water system with at least a full barrel.With doing this we have never had any probs with the water in the caravan, and is totally safe to drink.

Hope this helps

Dougie......

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
When you do sterillize your pipes dont replace or renew the filter untill all traces of sterillizer are gone from the system.There will be some who will say it doesnt matter,but it will render your fillter not as efective if sterillizer is put through it .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts