Sterretts Caravan Park, Symonds Yat West.

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi All,

We are visiting friends in Ross-on-Wye and have booked to stay at this caravan park - has anyone been, if so, what was it like?

Many Thanks.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
I stayed there a few years back ,the site is very nice ,its mainly a static park with about 8 touring pitches ,there is a fair ground at the entrance ,plus its only about 200 yards from the river Wye , there is also spectacular views from Symonds yat rock nearby ,the only down side was the people in the statics used to come up to the touring park to play football ,for that reason i would not go back there again

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
We have stayed at Sterretts many times over the last few years,

we love it, but it does have it's down sides, only one toilet near the pitches/one ladies shower and toilet near the wardens home which is further away. No onsite shop,a short drive for any basic supplies.The electric is 10amp and I suggest keeping it to that, we've tripped it many times, and ended up dragging Brian the Warden out at all times.

The pro's are, it's a great area ,very close to the river and within walking distance to several pubs who are friendly and serve good food.

We will be returning in the summer hols.

Jan 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jonah

Wonderful wye valley area. There are a number of campsites local to Symonds Yat West. In the Forest of Dean just over the river there are the Forestry Commision sites mind you no fair but lots of room and lovely walks or biking . Ther's also a CSMA Site in Parkend which has everything from an indoor pool to jaccuzi.

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jonah

Wonderful wye valley area. There are a number of campsites local to Symonds Yat West. In the Forest of Dean just over the river there are the Forestry Commision sites mind you no fair but lots of room and lovely walks or biking . Ther's also a CSMA Site in Parkend which has everything from an indoor pool to jaccuzi.
Hi Catsparkey,

Cheers for that information.

Best wishes,

Jonah.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts