Sticky topics

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can I ask the administrators/ Moderators to review the sticky topics at the head of each topic area, some have been there without recent comments and must be no longer entirely relevant.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Which ones do you consider to be no longer relevant Prof?
I don't have a comprehensive list of sticky topics or the reasoning behind their being posted as stickies, but the majority posted by moderators or admin are for information purposes and were made sticky for ease of reference.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Parksy,

A couple of years ago I prompted the powers to look at the stickies that had been set up, becasue they were hanging around long after their sell by date, and it seemed that no one was monitoring them for relevance or importance. I am beginning to get the same feeling tat some have been posted with good reason at the time, but now those reasons may have expired.

My concern principally relates to the Technical section, where the number of stickies now takes up half the opening page, and I do find it annoying, but looking at them some about the Calorlite recall, and the Truma recall are rather long in the tooth, and its questionable in my mind if they are still needed.

But the most recent one about battery charging doesn't seem to have a clear point and I am struggling to understand why it was ever made a sticky.

I'm just asking that their status be reviewed for importance and relevance, and site tidy up is not forgotten.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I take your point Prof.
I have to confess that I rarely see entire message boards, most of my forum monitoring is done via my smartphone and I tend to be permanently logged in.
To monitor the forum all I have to do is click on the Recent Topic to view the most recent threads.
This saves time, my phone directs me straight to the most recent threads because there's no point in my monitoring material that I've already seen, so I don't see the sticky posts.
I'll contact Lizzie on Monday to highlight your concerns and to see what we no longer need.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts