Still awaiting my 2021 Elddis

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Correct me if I have misunderstood Prof but the Law has moved on.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 covers the use of unfair terms in consumer contracts. I believe this gives a lot more strength to a private case than under the old Unfair Contracts Terms Act of years ago.

I do agree the law has moved forward with the 2015 CRA. However as with so many bits of legislation and standards, they represent the minimum performance that needs to be attained, and they don't always cover every possible scenario.

For example the CRA sets out many points which should be referenced or reflected in the retailers consumer contracts of sale T&C's. But look at almost any set of T&C's and there far more wording and clauses than the CRA would require as its minimum.

So what are all these other T&C's for? Apart from justifying the legal teams charges to retailer for producing the document, they must be there to limit the retailers liability. That does not mean they're deliberately intending to defraud the consumer, but through their verbosity they can certainly intimidate and perhaps cloud the consumers perception on how to access or use their lawful rites.

But also becasue they are often overtly verbose, and the fact there is no standardisation of the wording, having different legal teams input into their construction it could be that certain wording in some T&C's is inappropriate - probably though a mistake, but it could also be a deliberate attempt to deflect a consumer of their rites by a less than scrupulous trader.

Because some of these issues may not be covered by the CRA, the consumer could not use the CRA to challenge them, in which case it might need the use of the Unfair contracts process.

Please remember I did suggest it would be rare.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
This will clarify matters I hope.
The Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 applies only to businesses and does not apply to consumer contracts or consumer notices. The Consumer Rights Act 2015 repeals and replaces the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations and replace the Unfair Contract Terms Act in relation to consumer contracts and notices.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think this thread has gone a long way off the original question and these points are better made in a more appropriate place.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I think this thread has gone a long way off the original question and these points are better made in a more appropriate place.
In this instance I don't agree.
This thread is continuing to address the situation whereby caravans that were ordered are delayed, with the possibility of price increases after the caravan was ordered.

Reactions: JezzerB
Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
Wondered if anyone out there was in the same situation as me. I ordered a 2021 Elddis Crusader Mistral in September 2020. The dealer will remain nameless for now but they seem to have been probing Elddis every week for information which is not forthcoming. I was originally supposed to receive the van in April 2021 but after 8 further delays I still have not taken delivery. I am so frustrated and keep getting told there are severe supply issues yet I am seeing 2022 vans at dealer open days, what is going on. My latest day for delivery was 18th October 21 which has now come and gone. I did get a really good deal when I ordered about 3k off RRP plus a handful of extras and the sceptic in me thinks they would prefer me to cancel and re-order a 2022 van for 5k more and no extras. Anyone else in this situation and have you heard any further info?
You did get a good deal. We recently had to pay full price for a new 2021 van. But we now have it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts