Still awaiting my 2021 Elddis

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
Wondered if anyone out there was in the same situation as me. I ordered a 2021 Elddis Crusader Mistral in September 2020. The dealer will remain nameless for now but they seem to have been probing Elddis every week for information which is not forthcoming. I was originally supposed to receive the van in April 2021 but after 8 further delays I still have not taken delivery. I am so frustrated and keep getting told there are severe supply issues yet I am seeing 2022 vans at dealer open days, what is going on. My latest day for delivery was 18th October 21 which has now come and gone. I did get a really good deal when I ordered about 3k off RRP plus a handful of extras and the sceptic in me thinks they would prefer me to cancel and re-order a 2022 van for 5k more and no extras. Anyone else in this situation and have you heard any further info?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Not as bad as you, we have a 2022 model on order that we were informed that delivery would be last week in Septmenber. Now we are told end of January. No problem to us tbh as we have a usable caravan and the worst of winter will be over when it arrives. I am told Bailey are still building 2021 orders hence the delay for 2022 models.

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
Not as bad as you, we have a 2022 model on order that we were informed that delivery would be last week in Septmenber. Now we are told end of January. No problem to us tbh as we have a usable caravan and the worst of winter will be over when it arrives. I am told Bailey are still building 2021 orders hence the delay for 2022 models.
Thanks for the reply Thingy. I hope yours is different but this is exactly what I was told and then they just kept putting it back. I have heard they are fulfilling all 21 orders before full production of 22, so maybe this is causing your delay. Either way supply issues are causing havoc all over manufacturing.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It’s not just caravans our flooring ordered in early May fitting mid December, windows 20 weeks. Yesterday I enquired via Griffin car brokers in a new Octavia estate…. earliest May 2022.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The issue comes that when it is delivered it is winter so the caravan will probably see very little use in the initial 30 days from delivery. If there is something seriously wrong with the caravan the 30 day window to reject it will have passed and also you may lose a couple of months of the 6 months window for CRA 2015.
Just to add this applies to any caravan delivered during the winter period when it will not see much use. I have always advised people to try and use the caravan as much as possible in the first 30 days.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The issue comes that when it is delivered it is winter so the caravan will probably see very little use in the initial 30 days from delivery. If there is something seriously wrong with the caravan the 30 day window to reject it will have passed and also you may lose a couple of months of the 6 months window for CRA 2015.
Just to add this applies to any caravan delivered during the winter period when it will not see much use. I have always advised people to try and use the caravan as much as possible in the first 30 days.
Thingy will have to set up residence on his drive then. 😁

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
My ex colleague and very good friend is still waiting for hers=a dealer special edition-dealers have been nigh on useless in keeping her informed which i feel very guilty about as we recommended them to her. She keeps ringing but ordered early 2021 and still no sign-more galling is that there are some 2022 models on dealer forecourts!

Last edited:
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Wont need any excuse to use it. The dealer has its own CL and use is free to purchasers. The plan will be to have a three night shakedown on collection and immediately off to somewhere decent, couple of weeks there and then back home for tea and medals.

We store our caravan on the drive anyway and have external hookup available, so whatever happens. it will be inspected minutely.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
A bit different in scale but may help to explain the problems manufacturers are facing. I ordered a rear marker light in July. Its made in Germany. After a couple of cancellations I am now promised. Novemer.

John

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I do know that Eldiss have had a problem with certain vital components and had a lot of almost completed models waiting for the final bits. Not sure where they are now, but these models will be seriously affecting their cash flow, so they will want to get any remaining ones out to get paid for them.

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
I do know that Eldiss have had a problem with certain vital components and had a lot of almost completed models waiting for the final bits. Not sure where they are now, but these models will be seriously affecting their cash flow, so they will want to get any remaining ones out to get paid for them.
Here's hoping Raywood🤞. I've cancelled a fair few holidays after receiving many delivery dates which have come and gone. I'll just be happy to get it even if it is to lay it up for winter.

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a 2022 Eldiss Afinity 574 in June, I rang the dealer today to get an update for delivery. They did say that they are having problems getting parts and are still building 2021 models. Our earliest would be December, although due to the problems getting parts it would be more like January. I did tell them I wanted to know so that we could decide about booking our trip to Spain in January.

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
I ordered a 2022 Eldiss Afinity 574 in June, I rang the dealer today to get an update for delivery. They did say that they are having problems getting parts and are still building 2021 models. Our earliest would be December, although due to the problems getting parts it would be more like January. I did tell them I wanted to know so that we could decide about booking our trip to Spain in January.
I'm not being funny Carper but unless they've fixed these supply issues (which I hope for both our sakes they have) then I would not book anything just yet. I ordered mine in Sep 2020 with a delivery of March 2021. I am still waiting in November 2021 and have been told the parts I'm awaiting won't be in until at least the 11th November. It is infuriating.

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not being funny Carper but unless they've fixed these supply issues (which I hope for both our sakes they have) then I would not book anything just yet. I ordered mine in Sep 2020 with a delivery of March 2021. I am still waiting in November 2021 and have been told the parts I'm awaiting won't be in until at least the 11th November. It is infuriating.

To be honest I am not really expecting to get it before next year. I am just hoping that it comes before May as I am going to France then and hoping to go in the new Van.
Hopefully we will both have our dreams come true and get our vans sooner rather than later.

Les

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I was in the same position, ordered last October for a February March delivery,several delays later we collected early July. When ours was delivered they were saying shower screens on some models was causing the delay. It’s very frustrating when they advertise new models and can’t finish the ones ordered.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Given the nature of caravan model years, typically September-August, I'd suggest the chances of getting a 2021 model built now is close to zero as 2022 model year caravans are being built and delivered - I wonder if the OP's dealer simply doesn't have the bottle to tell him.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
To be honest I am not really expecting to get it before next year. I am just hoping that it comes before May as I am going to France then and hoping to go in the new Van.
Hopefully we will both have our dreams come true and get our vans sooner rather than later.

Les
I hope your plans come fruition and you can soon enjoy holidays in your new van.:)

Reactions: carper2
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I also hope you get your plans, but please look at the covid rises in Europe, I have never wanted to be a wet blanket, but is it worth going away at the moment.

Mr Worried, Buckinghamshire.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I also hope you get your plans, but please look at the covid rises in Europe, I have never wanted to be a wet blanket, but is it worth going away at the moment.

Still lower than Wiltshire. The area around the BBC West has now started to come down with some of the towns descending from 1100+. Tewkesbury was particularly high. highest in U.K. Even now we are a 519.1 still higher than England’s 400 average. This time last year we went to Norfolk which was at 30, and our daughter wasn’t at all happy.
There’s a feeling that the area here was ramped up because of the faulty false negative PCR tests. Our granddaughter had two very red RFT but a negative PCR. She had all the symptoms of covid so her mum “ quarantined “ here from school and going anywhere.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site

We always look at the rates where ever we go if they are too high we cancel. Being in the vulnerable category I am very wary where I go and wear a mask at all times. I am back to the hospital on Tuesday amd again the following week on Thursday.

Les

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We haven't seen the last of Covid by a long stroke. Indicated by the continuing number of people becoming ill with the virus despite having been inoculated, we don't fully understand the virus, and obviously we don't have a 100% effective vaccine.

There is no doubt the present vaccines have produced a breakthrough in the battle, by both reducing the infection rates and also reducing the severity of the effects of the infection, but it's only ever going to be a partial but important answer.

There is every chance that as time goes by the vaccines may be improved to produce better protection, but as a second tier of work, the medical profession are getting better at treating victims.

Ultimately we may end up with a situation similar to the flu virus where for most people the effects of covid are less severe and rarely fatal except where other underlying conditions are involved. But we are not there yet, so caution should continue to be practiced by everyone.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I had this from Wiltshire Council this week.

Wiltshire has seen 3,155 confirmed positive cases in the last seven days, a fall in the number of cases but still a high number. The rate of cases per 100,000 in Wiltshire has decreased from 928.2 last week to 625.9, which is much higher than the current case rate in England of 422.5 (gov.uk data as of 4/11/2021 at 9.25am).

As reported by OC we are not in a good place although the frequency of cases is declining. We still have the winter to contend with and possibly more mutations of C-19:to confuse our boosters. Yet we still have double standards. Masks are compulsory in all medical places , pharmacies included but not at large public gatherings or supermarkets.🤔🤔😵‍💫

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I had this from Wiltshire Council this week.

Wiltshire has seen 3,155 confirmed positive cases in the last seven days, a fall in the number of cases but still a high number. The rate of cases per 100,000 in Wiltshire has decreased from 928.2 last week to 625.9, which is much higher than the current case rate in England of 422.5 (gov.uk data as of 4/11/2021 at 9.25am).

As reported by OC we are not in a good place although the frequency of cases is declining. We still have the winter to contend with and possibly more mutations of C-19:to confuse our boosters. Yet we still have double standards. Masks are compulsory in all medical places , pharmacies included but not at large public gatherings or supermarkets.🤔🤔😵‍💫
We always wear a mask when in a supermarket, but if you are young and male there is no need to bother. If we go to the pub it is generally on a Saturday afternoon after lunch when it is a bit quieter and we try and sit away from a table full of people. Both of us need to be very careful due to being in the higher risk category.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts