Still awaiting my 2021 Elddis

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 24, 2014
Visit site
To answer the OP, we are still waiting for our Unicorn, ordered in July, told November delivery, then told end of September, and now we are told Jan, probably Feb.

I am wondering too, what they will try with the price, When ordered it was £27799 + £565 delivery. Todays quoted prices are almost £1500 more, We will have fun if they try that potato on me.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
You haver a contract so the late delivery should not affect you price wise. I gather there are lots ready for delivery except they have no windows so may be yours is one waiting for them.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
You haver a contract so the late delivery should not affect you price wise. I gather there are lots ready for delivery except they have no windows so may be yours is one waiting for them.
Where are they storing all these part-built caravans with no windows?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Must be an unreported shortage of windows in the nation. We are still awaiting double glazing to be installed and ordered in July. No forecast yet other than it should be before Christmas. Like our kitchen flooring (due mid December) the supply problem for our installers is exacerbated by a staffing problem and a full order book. So where have all these workers gone to as they can’t all be driving HGVs or taxis.

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
So much is late now, we ordered a new awning in August, the last part just arrived from China not much use until spring now.

10% of the worlds container fleet is stuck outside ports, ports are jammed, truck drivers in short supply etc etc the list is endless, so in a way I feel for those trying to make a living selling this stuff,

Maybe we could start making things closer to home again, instead of the other side of the world.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
So much is late now, we ordered a new awning in August, the last part just arrived from China not much use until spring now.

10% of the worlds container fleet is stuck outside ports, ports are jammed, truck drivers in short supply etc etc the list is endless, so in a way I feel for those trying to make a living selling this stuff,

Maybe we could start making things closer to home again, instead of the other side of the world.
Sadly, most people aren't bothered where anything comes from, just how cheap is it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our windows ordered in July are being fitted over the next three days. There was a delay in the frames which consist of inner parts recycled UPVC and outer parts virgin upvc. There was a delay in the manufacturing plant receiving the recycled upvc granules, plus the fitting teams had lost some staff who returned to Europe during the pandemic and a good order book too. Anyway the price contracted in the summer was a good one for 12 windows, not far above some we had fitted around 2007 in our last house. Kitchen flooring quoted in May from Amtico in Coventry has arrived with the fitting company who again have a backlog of orders. That’s scheduled for 8 December. After that it’s “ stumps drawn” until 2022 😀

Oct 16, 2021
Visit site
Given the nature of caravan model years, typically September-August, I'd suggest the chances of getting a 2021 model built now is close to zero as 2022 model year caravans are being built and delivered - I wonder if the OP's dealer simply doesn't have the bottle to tell him.
Nope, spoke with Elddis it's built just waiting on two front windows and the skylight blind. Still waiting though. Only preproduction 2022 models have been finished with the exception of some vans that don't require the same parts. There's a collection of vans at the end of the line now. I've waited well over a year now, not good.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Nope, spoke with Elddis it's built just waiting on two front windows and the skylight blind. Still waiting though. Only preproduction 2022 models have been finished with the exception of some vans that don't require the same parts. There's a collection of vans at the end of the line now. I've waited well over a year now, not good.
Remember the days when Austin-Rover used to store part-built cars on airfields, awaiting parts to finish them off - this sounds similar so hope they don't suffer in storage like the old cars.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Remember the days when Austin-Rover used to store part-built cars on airfields, awaiting parts to finish them off - this sounds similar so hope they don't suffer in storage like the old cars.
I’d bet a penny to a pound that they don’t have the wheels turned, and tyre life will be reduced just on age terms alone.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I’d bet a penny to a pound that they don’t have the wheels turned, and tyre life will be reduced just on age terms alone.
When Dealers had ( pre loved) caravans, they never moved them around.
The Thousands of aircraft over the last two years have never moved either.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Received an email yesterday from a dealer which recognised that deliveries of 2022 vans was delayed and could be problematic due to supply chain issues. But the good news was that they were now opening for orders of 2023 models. Would that be a “ blind” purchase? Guess some members might be grateful for their caravan expected in 2021 and still not delivered.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Received an email yesterday from a dealer which recognised that deliveries of 2022 vans was delayed and could be problematic due to supply chain issues. But the good news was that they were now opening for orders of 2023 models. Would that be a “ blind” purchase? Guess some members might be grateful for their caravan expected in 2021 and still not delivered.
Without sight of a revised specification, that may imply no changes from 2022 to 2023 model year - which makes sense if they're selling all they can built despite the high prices.

Feb 6, 2022
Visit site
We ordered a 2022 Elddis Avante 868 special edition from a reputable dealer back in September. When we placed the order he said that there could be delays, but should get the van in January this year (which was great, as that was when we wanted it).

Called them at the end of the December and they said they don't have a date yet and they were hoping for the end of January.

So, called this week, only to be told they've no idea when stock will be in, and that they'd call me as soon as they knew anything further. He did say they still had some 2021 models waiting to be fulfilled, but they were nearly done and then they'll be onto 2022 models.

The annoying thing is that our other local dealer has their special edition of the same van available for immediate collection 🙄

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We ordered a 2022 Elddis Avante 868 special edition from a reputable dealer back in September. When we placed the order he said that there could be delays, but should get the van in January this year (which was great, as that was when we wanted it).

Called them at the end of the December and they said they don't have a date yet and they were hoping for the end of January.

So, called this week, only to be told they've no idea when stock will be in, and that they'd call me as soon as they knew anything further. He did say they still had some 2021 models waiting to be fulfilled, but they were nearly done and then they'll be onto 2022 models.

The annoying thing is that our other local dealer has their special edition of the same van available for immediate collection 🙄
Sorry to hear of the delay. Unfortunately others have posted similar issues on the Forum. Recently one was notified of a substantial price hike with delivery not expected until Autumn 2022. That was an Eldiss too.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022
Visit site
If they do try pulling a price hike on me, do I have to pay the difference, or are they stuck to the prices agreed to at the time of purchase? or, could I just say no thanks and I'll have my deposit back? (Going on the basis I would have had and paid for the van in January if they could have supplied it)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If they do try pulling a price hike on me, do I have to pay the difference, or are they stuck to the prices agreed to at the time of purchase? or, could I just say no thanks and I'll have my deposit back? (Going on the basis I would have had and paid for the van in January if they could have supplied it)

Need to check your contract for any terms and conditions relating to price increases or cancellation rights.

https://forums.practicalcaravan.com/threads/new-caravan-price-hike.63749/page-2#post-541837

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Need to check your contract for any terms and conditions relating to price increases or cancellation rights.

https://forums.practicalcaravan.com/threads/new-caravan-price-hike.63749/page-2#post-541837
I think a lot would depend on "reasonable" as long would a reasonable person expect to wait? If they can get the Special edition locally then it may be worth asking for the deposit back only if the locla dealer confirms that will hold it for a few days until return of deposit is confirmed.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Firebird
Have you spoken to the other dealer with the special edition? If you have a part exchange, what would the cost to change be? If it were me I would consider going with the special edition as long as the financials work out right for you. You would need to sort the deposit out with the original dealer,but in my view it would be reasonable to expect a full refund. We are in a similar situation with furniture, and amazingly when we suggested cancelling after waiting 10 months ,the dealer 'found' stock for us.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Oct 16, 2021
Visit site

They won't push a hike on you If you've ordered it and you've paid a deposit. I'm the original poster and I finally got mine on January 8th, 15 months after I ordered it (for the original price). They have stopped taking 2022 orders for Elddis and my dealer said that anyone who ordered a 2022 from them in the last few months will be waiting until at least August but I think my dealer didn't have the sway of the big boys so hopefully those who are waiting will have a better story than mine. The only reason I didn't cancel was because I got such a good package back in October 2020, it was 4k under RRP with Solar Panel, Avtex WiFi, auto Evo mover, bedding and Hypnos. It is my understanding that no such deals exist on the 2022 models and there is little difference (apart from the condenser fridge) with the spec. If I wanted a 2022 model with none of the options I'd be paying RRP and as that's gone up I'd pay 6k more plus the extras. Hopefully people are still managing to get decent deals.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Blame it on Covid😜😜. There has been a great shortage of raw materials , chips etc , world wide. As said by others it all depends on the contract terms you signed upto. If you have an escape clause by all means use it. But where does that leave you.?
Dealer specials are fine but how does the spec compare?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When you use a dealer to purchase a caravan, your contract rests between you and the dealer. Caravan dealers are independent businesses and will have their own T&C covering your purchase.

Whilst most retail contracts do follow very similar patterns, the fact is each business (e.g. each dealer) has have their own legal team produce their own T&C's, so you cannot assume that all dealers have the same T&C's therefore it does not matter one iota what other commenters on an anonymised forum have managed in terms of avoiding price hikes or late deliveries, the contract YOU have is how your purchase will be conducted, and that will be determined in the Terms and Condition your dealer has provided.

It's very unlikely your contract might not be fully legal, but you would have to choose whether to challenge it under the unfair contracts legislation.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
When you use a dealer to purchase a caravan, your contract rests between you and the dealer. Caravan dealers are independent businesses and will have their own T&C covering your purchase.

Whilst most retail contracts do follow very similar patterns, the fact is each business (e.g. each dealer) has have their own legal team produce their own T&C's, so you cannot assume that all dealers have the same T&C's therefore it does not matter one iota what other commenters on an anonymised forum have managed in terms of avoiding price hikes or late deliveries, the contract YOU have is how your purchase will be conducted, and that will be determined in the Terms and Condition your dealer has provided.

It's very unlikely your contract might not be fully legal, but you would have to choose whether to challenge it under the unfair contracts legislation.
Correct me if I have misunderstood Prof but the Law has moved on.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 covers the use of unfair terms in consumer contracts. I believe this gives a lot more strength to a private case than under the old Unfair Contracts Terms Act of years ago.

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts