STOLEN CARAVAN

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi, i new to this forum but i thought i let you know that our family Bailey Ranger 620/6 just 2 years old was stolen on Friday 26 June 2009 from the Bucks/Herts boarder. It was refacing along a very long narrow drive in a hard to move position (over we thought) with a top spec wheel clamp and hitch lock behind a bolted gate. Nothing is left. The theives were amazing quick and quiet - the guard dogs, father-in-law, horse, chickens,ducks and geese not being spooked!! Just can't believe it.

Anyway it was all loaded for our annual family holiday in a little over 2 weeks!! The 4 kids devastated as we are so please let me know anything or if you have any advice please get in touch.

O and as yet all the polce have done is give us a crime number!!

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Paula.

So sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm sure the kids are absolutle distrort over this dispicable crime. As usual the police have issued the crime number to start the insurance claim off, instead of doing some detective work.

I have had past experience with the police and detective work. I had our engineering business robbed twice in a fortnight. It was me who did the leg work tracking the escape from the van the slags abandoned in a field 40 miles from the factory. I traced them to the Coombe hill camp at Cheltenham. I even gave the coppers the reg No of the van they used after the vehicle swap as it was caught on the cctv footage from a farm near by.

Never got them arrested or questioned. All I got was a 10'000 repair bill for a demolished gable wall in the factory and an insurance premium to match.

I wonder if any of our seasonal caravanners might consider sub letting you their van for a week, as the insurance and subsequent purchase of a replacement will take quite a time to sort out.

I would offer myself, but we are full timing in our van as we have sold the house 18 months ago and still waiting for a rental house to come up.

Regards.

Steve L.

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi Paula.

So sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm sure the kids are absolutle distrort over this dispicable crime. As usual the police have issued the crime number to start the insurance claim off, instead of doing some detective work.

I have had past experience with the police and detective work. I had our engineering business robbed twice in a fortnight. It was me who did the leg work tracking the escape from the van the slags abandoned in a field 40 miles from the factory. I traced them to the Coombe hill camp at Cheltenham. I even gave the coppers the reg No of the van they used after the vehicle swap as it was caught on the cctv footage from a farm near by.

Never got them arrested or questioned. All I got was a 10'000 repair bill for a demolished gable wall in the factory and an insurance premium to match.

I wonder if any of our seasonal caravanners might consider sub letting you their van for a week, as the insurance and subsequent purchase of a replacement will take quite a time to sort out.

I would offer myself, but we are full timing in our van as we have sold the house 18 months ago and still waiting for a rental house to come up.

Regards.

Steve L.
Thanks.

Did not except alot from the police but a visit would have been reassuring!! You can see where the van was pushed and hitched up and car tyre marks.

Sep 21, 2006
Visit site
So sorry Paula - look at the CCTV of our caravan being stolen (You tube 'caravan stolen in broad daylight')and you will see how it is done - quickly and quietly - despite alarm, hitch-lock, ground post, corner steady locks, wheel clamp...less than 10 minutes. Our caravan has now turned up in Wales after being missing for 3 years - a seemingly 'unsuspecting' caravan park owner paid

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
So sorry Paula - look at the CCTV of our caravan being stolen (You tube 'caravan stolen in broad daylight')and you will see how it is done - quickly and quietly - despite alarm, hitch-lock, ground post, corner steady locks, wheel clamp...less than 10 minutes. Our caravan has now turned up in Wales after being missing for 3 years - a seemingly 'unsuspecting' caravan park owner paid

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
hi Paula, so sorry to hear about your van being stolen, we had ours taken just over 5 weeks ago, its an awful experience and we have great sympathy with you,

our claim is still being looked into by the insurance company, they have all the relavant documentation,crime number, cris document etc etc, i phoned them this week and its still ongoing, the crime is still being investigated, ha ha, it hasnt been filed yet has unsolved.

what excately to the police do to try and solve these crimes, i would suspect not very much, its simply not important enough.

but the grief and suffering we have is so very real and something needs to be done, i done a lot of groundwork myself, visiting traveller sites and taking pictures of the crime scene, and i havent even heard from the insurance accessor. they seem quick to take but very slow to give back, anyway good luck with it all. perry

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts