Stolen or Not ??????????

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
I have just returned home from Morrisons and have just given way at a roundabout to a new silver transit van, with a just as new Sterling Europa on the back.

I drove home thinking,isn't it awful that the scum bags that go around stealing caravans have made us paranoid!!! It made me feel quite sad, to think of someone going away this weekend and not having their beloved caravan. Or,was it totally innocent?

I will never know. It is awful that they have altered our mindset and have made us think like that.

Even the kids now look at white transit vans, to see if they have got tow bars on the back :-0

Sorry, Friday rant and rave over.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa ,still as lovely as ever I hope ;O)

Could it not be said that most terrorists are muslim , most drug dealers are black men so therefore most caravan thieves drive Transits?

just a thought.

Brian

ps, most men of Italian origin are stallions baby!!!!!!

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lisa ,still as lovely as ever I hope ;O)

Could it not be said that most terrorists are muslim , most drug dealers are black men so therefore most caravan thieves drive Transits?

just a thought.

Brian

ps, most men of Italian origin are stallions baby!!!!!!
You mean they are easily frightened and run fast? LOL

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Brian

Fancy seeing you on here.

Well I guess you could say that.

How would you describe used car salesmen?

p.s. I do like a nice stallion.......

Lisa xxxx

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
What I meant is, it is the perception that we have of people!!!!

I am sure that it was totally innocent, but it makes you very vigilant and very aware.

I wouldn't have given a transit van with a caravan a second glance 3 months ago. Now, we are new caravan owners ourselves, and there is so much talk of caravan theft it does make you think more about what is going on around you.

I agree with Lisa, you cannot tie everyone with the same brush.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brian

I know you're not a car salesman anymore, therefore you can say what you really think.............

Don't forget I'm of Irish origin too you know...... - No need to walk to the bank, we'll drive you there........

Lisax

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
some racist remarks on this topic should it not be looked into by a moderator.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You really need to get a life! I am African born and a realist. I do not think the remarks are racist or offensive however yours certainly are in that vein and it is people like you who cause racist problems. Now be a good boy and go back to lurking.

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Sorry Trev, I didn't mean to start a big debate.

I just wanted to say how much more aware I was of the things going on around me, now that we were caravan owners.

All I was trying to say is the negative comments made towards certain types of people in our community, have made me very aware of their presence something that I wouldn't have given a second thought to before. Sorry, if this has offended anybody.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Trev

My inital reply to this thread was to point out that I thought the person who was making the post was sterotyping certain members of society, hence my reply.

You could trawl back to 2003/4 when I first joined this forum and you won't find any racist/sexist/homophobic posts from me, quite the opposite in fact.

Lisa

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Trev

My inital reply to this thread was to point out that I thought the person who was making the post was sterotyping certain members of society, hence my reply.

You could trawl back to 2003/4 when I first joined this forum and you won't find any racist/sexist/homophobic posts from me, quite the opposite in fact.

Lisa
Sorry Lisa, I didn't mean to cause any trouble :-0

However, when it comes to talking about caravan theft on this forum everyone sterotypes the type of people I was referring to.

It is not just me ...............

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Trev could have been joking, it's always better to give someone the benefit of the doubt than take offence. Wouldn't it be nice to have some smileys on the forum so that it set the tone?

Getting back to the point... it does make you more aware when you get a treasured caravan, we were followed by a police car as we left very early in the morning. They passed us and obviously satisfied themselves that we didn't look suspicious and went on their way. It's nice to know that our local force are keeping on the ball at least!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sam

No offence taken. You are correct in what you say, in that a certain group always get the blame.

I can tell you, a couple of years ago, myself, friend and two children stopped on a campsite. There were 20,000+ gypsies/travellers in the area.

We had no problems what so ever, in fact, the blokes in the caravan next to mine helped us put my awning up.

To some people's horror, my brother and I ended up drinking with 'them' last year. The only problem was actually getting served at the bar as 'the men' tend to order about 40 drinks in one round........

This year, I'll be on my own (well with my dog) with 'them' - I have no worries about this at all.

Lisa xx

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Sam

No offence taken. You are correct in what you say, in that a certain group always get the blame.

I can tell you, a couple of years ago, myself, friend and two children stopped on a campsite. There were 20,000+ gypsies/travellers in the area.

We had no problems what so ever, in fact, the blokes in the caravan next to mine helped us put my awning up.

To some people's horror, my brother and I ended up drinking with 'them' last year. The only problem was actually getting served at the bar as 'the men' tend to order about 40 drinks in one round........

This year, I'll be on my own (well with my dog) with 'them' - I have no worries about this at all.

Lisa xx
Hi Lisa, it just shows how we shouldn't be too quick to judge doesn't it? There are good and bad in all walks of life and you only have to read the news to see supposed pillers of society acting like the biggest robbers and cheats of the lot ;)

Wendy

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Wendy

Thanks. But I've been guilty too you know.

I've always been a bit wary of hoodies. My mum and I walked past a gang a couple of years ago one dark winters evening.

My mum slipped and fell. Well, these scary looking boys ran over like lightening. They helped my mum up, offered to phone for an ambulance (not needed), one bless him, said he'd knock on one of the doors and ask if he could get my mum a drink of water.

My mum was fine but to look at this gang, well, even I held onto my handbag a bit tighter but it just goes to show, looks can sometimes be deceiving.

Lisa

G

Trev could have been joking, it's always better to give someone the benefit of the doubt than take offence. Wouldn't it be nice to have some smileys on the forum so that it set the tone?

Getting back to the point... it does make you more aware when you get a treasured caravan, we were followed by a police car as we left very early in the morning. They passed us and obviously satisfied themselves that we didn't look suspicious and went on their way. It's nice to know that our local force are keeping on the ball at least!
You can borrow mine.
happy0060.gif

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Wendy

Thanks. But I've been guilty too you know.

I've always been a bit wary of hoodies. My mum and I walked past a gang a couple of years ago one dark winters evening.

My mum slipped and fell. Well, these scary looking boys ran over like lightening. They helped my mum up, offered to phone for an ambulance (not needed), one bless him, said he'd knock on one of the doors and ask if he could get my mum a drink of water.

My mum was fine but to look at this gang, well, even I held onto my handbag a bit tighter but it just goes to show, looks can sometimes be deceiving.

Lisa
I know what you mean, it was nice being proved wrong though and I'm glad your Mum was ok.

Wendy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts