Stopover from North of Scotland 2 Cornwall?

Jan 25, 2006
Visit site
Any good suggestions for a night stopover for somewhere half way. Probably around North of manchester/south of carlisle area. Would have to be able to take accomodate a dog.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Richard,

This is information which I listed of sites near to M6.....but have no knowledge as to whther they are good or bad.

Carlisle:- Dandy Dinmont,minutes from M6 ( Junct 44 ) Galashiels Road, Tel no.01228 674611

Nr M6 Kendal www.ashescaravanpark.co.uk ( Adult only site )

The next 2 are Caravan Club sites which we use frequently:-

Troutbeck Head approx 15 mins drive from M6,Leaving at Penrith

and Meathop Fell which is also approx 15mins drive from M6 at the Southern end of the Lakes signposted to Barrow in Furness.Both sites take non-members.

Hope this is of some use to you.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Richard,

This is information which I listed of sites near to M6.....but have no knowledge as to whther they are good or bad.

Carlisle:- Dandy Dinmont,minutes from M6 ( Junct 44 ) Galashiels Road, Tel no.01228 674611

Nr M6 Kendal www.ashescaravanpark.co.uk ( Adult only site )

The next 2 are Caravan Club sites which we use frequently:-

Troutbeck Head approx 15 mins drive from M6,Leaving at Penrith

and Meathop Fell which is also approx 15mins drive from M6 at the Southern end of the Lakes signposted to Barrow in Furness.Both sites take non-members.

Hope this is of some use to you.
...... or the CC site at Low Park Wood, Sedgwick, near Kendal. Take Junct. 36 off the M6. and its about 15 mins if I remember right. Lovely wooded site alongside the River Kent. No problems with dogs.

G

There is a good C&CC site at Clitheroe. It is about 10 miles off the M6 but worth the drive. However, in the peak season/Bank Holiday weekends you need to book ahead.

G

Richard,

You are also a brave soul to do this with only one stop. It usually takes me at least 3 days to get from Edinburgh to Cornwall. But I do get itchy for coffee after about 1 hours driving so do tend to go slow.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Isn't it only on the northbound side. I have stopped many times and it is excellent.Don't be put off that it is a motorway services.People stay on holiday there too.
Hi there,

You can also get to the site at Tebay from the south as well,you just follow the directions and go over the motorway.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Richard,

Are you going to have a 2nd overnight on the way to Cornwall?Even from the Lakes it is a long drive.We travel from the Glasgow area,1st overnight is the Chester area where our son lives and then we stop off in the Cotswolds.....Have to admit that they are one of my favourite areas.

This year we are having our main holiday in S/Devon, so I'll have another excuse to see the Cotswolds again.

Jan 25, 2006
Visit site
Richard,

Are you going to have a 2nd overnight on the way to Cornwall?Even from the Lakes it is a long drive.We travel from the Glasgow area,1st overnight is the Chester area where our son lives and then we stop off in the Cotswolds.....Have to admit that they are one of my favourite areas.

This year we are having our main holiday in S/Devon, so I'll have another excuse to see the Cotswolds again.
thanks for your suggestions - looks as though it'll be 2 overnight stops then. Cotsowlds sound like a good idea for 2nd night. many thanks again all

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We went from Aberdeen to Cornwall 2 years ago. Our first night was spent at CC site at Englethwaite Hall nr Carlisle. On 2nd night we stopped at CC site at Tewkesbury. From Aberdeen to Cornwall and back was total of 1400 miles.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts