Storage in Spain or Portugal

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
We are planning to winter with the caravan in Southern Spain and Portugal but want to fly back to UK for Xmas and New Year. Does anyone know of secure storage where we could leave caravan for 3-4 weeks?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi James, I have wintered in Spain for the last three years but I have not left the van there. I know that a lot of people leave their vans on site when they return for Xmas and I have heard of any problems with any theivery or vandalism.

The security on the sites we have visited was quite tight.

As you drive around you will also see plenty of storage sites dotted around, but the vans are kept in the open.

Clive

Jun 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi james,

Many Spanish Sites have a storage area, but most people leave their outfit on their pitch for short periods of absence. Firstly to keep their place as Spain gets very busy in the new year and also because Spanish sites normally only become reasonably priced after a month, so it hardly pays to go on and off as you have to start all over again.

There are also plenty of storage facilities in the coastal area, probably shared with boats on trailers.

Portugal is quite different as in the winter good rates are available for short stays and most sites have a very cheap price for unoccupied units on site. This is normally shown on their tariff.

James

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
What a coincidence.... I have just this morning been talking to Desert Detours who have a secure storage and campsite facility near Malaga and have arranged for myself just that....no need to do one of thier tours!.....ask at thier site www.desertdetours.com

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts