Sun bleached seats repaired

Mar 1, 2021
Visit site
How was the repair carried out?
Buy
RIT dye from amazon, a liquid dye, you may have to mix 2 colours together.
Ignore all instructions, I experimented with lots of upholstery material.
A cup of water, and maybe an egg cup of dye.
Mix it up.
Don’t forget the dye will run down hill, so ensure your cushion is in right position for dye to run, it only moves very slightly.
Dip in a paintbrush and clear off most excess, there is hardly anything on your brush.
Apply following the pile, don’t put lots on or over paint it.
You could try a weaker solution, and add dye as you need.
It states on dye container to apply lots of water to cushion, DON’T, it will bleed.
If you have a patterned seating you don’t want it to run or bleed.
Using this method, it is possible to dye the whole seating area, but would need several coats, and then a finishing application.
But just for my result just follow the instructions above.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
When our van is not in use, and something we have always done is to turn the cushions so the good face is downards, and any exposed edges we cover with a sheet. In truth, we have never had an issue with sun faded fabrics.

Good job though!

Mar 1, 2021
Visit site
When our van is not in use, and something we have always done is to turn the cushions so the good face is downards, and any exposed edges we cover with a sheet. In truth, we have never had an issue with sun faded fabrics.

Good job though!
I bought it faded, I gave up on vans and went to a motorhome, but happy to be back in a van.
It is perfect condition but stored with everything exposed.
We do cover them up, or move them when store it.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I bought it faded, I gave up on vans and went to a motorhome, but happy to be back in a van.
It is perfect condition but stored with everything exposed.
We do cover them up, or move them when store it.
What caravan did you buy again to each is own

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Never had a problem with the sun fading the fabric but then again we are in Scotland. Turning the cushions over though sounds a good idea.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts