suncamp ultima 260

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
I`ve just bought a suncamp 260 for my 5 series pageant but it does not seem to fit I cannot get the awning to get wittin 6 inces of the van regardless of the tension put on the poles? has anyone else had any such problems or do i have a dodgy awning ?

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
yes the ground was level,I can not get the bottom of the awning near to the van with the poles in place.I wa considering shortening the poles to lessen the arc ? any comments would be appeciated.

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
Robert.

I had a Ultima 260 and had pretty much the same problem. Although on some occasions I got it to fit perfect. I think it's something to do with ground levels. I did manage to get the bottom touching the van but used to have big gaps halway up which i could stick my arm through.

If I was you I would go for a refund and have a look around. You can get the same sort of awning which has poles at the back to fit snugly to caravan. I saw on on display at Highbridge Caravans, their website could be worth a look.

Good look, Dan.

Oct 18, 2006
Visit site
i had the same problem , i then cut 10cm of all 3 poles and then fitted fine, if the poles are too long it will not get a close fit against the caravan wall.

Mar 11, 2008
Visit site
I have found that I can usually get the awning closer by altering the 'Arch/bend' of the poles. I can say I have had problems getting it close but have usally sorted it by altering the bend of the pole.

Sep 1, 2008
Visit site
I have to make sure my Ultima is on the straightest part of the rail. If there is any curve at all in the awning rail it will not touch the side of the caravan. Also I have been known the dig a little hole for the pole to sit in if the ground is not flat.

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
robert

i had the same problem took some photo,s took it back showed the salesman who then gave me a choice of replacement or another one, i now have the pack 260 identical but with 2 sponge side pieces which clip on to 2 upright poles and fits a treat. another point is the flyccreen is in the window so you dont have to open 2 door zips to get in

bill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts