sunncamp ultima 390

Jun 20, 2007
Visit site
hi

thinking of getting the above awning is it right that you need a straight awning rail of 390cm measured my van 390 just on the start of the curve do you think this would be ok also any other info would be helpfull good or bad about the awning

Oct 18, 2006
Visit site
it cannot be on the curve mainly because on the inside there are 2 support bars which go into small pockets and i don't think the material would sit correctly, so it need to be on the straight.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Keith,

As said before you need a straight run of awning rail of at least 390cm. The actual awning is great to put up which takes two of us about 15mins. We have a full size 1000+cm awning that takes a good hour to put up and is only used when on one site for a couple of weeks, otherwise we use the Ultima 390. We are really pleased that on our van which is a Series 6 Bailey Burgendy that the 390 starts just behind the back of the N/S front window and finishes behind the back of the N/S rear window and encloses the door, battery box,wet locker, 240v external socket and clears all encompassed windows. Pretty light approx 18kg all in. It won,t last forever but for

Apr 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi Keith- we have a Bailey Ranger 510/4 2004 and we have an Ultima 390. It covers partially our side window but so what. Yes we do have a dip in our awning rail and we bought from Ebay some of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOLD-ON-INSTANT-EYELET-SYSTEM-awning-caravan-p5880_W0QQitemZ230120900582QQihZ013QQcategoryZ76066QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
We placed them on the silver type material inside the awning, at either end of it and then used some cord to pull them together. It worked for us. There are fibre poles that run from floor to rail, then 2 x alloy poles that fit into two pockets either end of the awning above your head and above the windows. Having a dip in awning rail does not bother ANY of the poles. We love it and have a bedroom inner as well and that gets plenty use when the big kids join us for the weekend. Good luck, Gary

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Keith,

The only couple of things that you have to take into consideration if the awning end covers a window is 1. You will not be able to open that window very far for ventilation and 2. is that the material may rub against the perspex and scuff it, I have never known this happen but it's just a thought, but I have seen postings where others have put soft pipe lagging on the edge to stop(reduce)? scuffing and prevent draughts!

Rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Keith,

We have a 260, having just returned from Scotland Had problems with the awning when subjected to side winds, Blowing the side panels inwards, despite being pegged to the ground , We had to tie with string to the caravam rear or front handles depending upon which way the wind was blowing, never had this problem with the Scenic Plus awning

Royston

Apr 17, 2007
Visit site
We had an ultima 260 last year, well, lasted 8 months. Not good in wind. Wind coming from front or rear of van blows it around the awning rail by a couple of feet, not good. I really liked it , easy to pitch etc, nearly lost it in a thunderstorm in Anglesey in September, then it was blown right over the roof in March at Buxton, some of it never to be seen again! The instructions do say that it should be taken down in windy conditions .....

Ive got a scenic now, much more stable in winds, and a full bradcot.

Gary

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
I was going to order a 390 this week, but keep holding off. We need the space because of three little ones but can't face putting up a full awning for a weekend. Do people think the scenic plus is better?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts