Sunncamp Ultima Air 390 Deluxe

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to this website. Does anyone have any experience of the Sunncamp Ultima Air 390 Deluxe? Looking to get an air awning in the next few weeks and looking at the Sunncamp and Dorema Magnum Air 390. Thanks

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
HI the Lynnelindasy, we dont have the Sunncamp, but have a Swift air 260 and a friend has a 320 I think. Very good porch awnings easy to "pump" up ours the 260 stood up to quite severe wind over the last couple of months. Others on the Forum have found Air awnings to be very good and resilient.

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
We have a Bradcot Aspire Air 390, excellent bit of kit.

Having returned to caravan from motorhome after 9 years of this century, and caravanning in the 60's we are not stuck in the past and understand things move on :evil: :evil:

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I bought one of these awnings last year, so i've used it about 6-7 times now, including 2 weeks in France and a very windy week in Anglesey.

Been a very good buy so far, no problems with the exception of on first use it did leak a bit, but since then its been fine and watertight. I've read that some new awnings can do that? Seems to hold true in my case.

Anyway, easy to put up and once up, stays up. The week in Anglesey - terrible winds with 50 - 60 mile (reported) winds over a two day period, only issue was a couple of pegs pulled out on the sodden ground, the awning stays upright without issue and stayed perfectly dry. I noted a couple of vans by us had awnings (pole type) blow off and over the vans, only saved by the awning rails.

In France is was great, stayed dry and managed the climate well. Still looks like new when i put it up recently - however I did and do treat awnings with Nikwax tent proofer on first use and every few months thereafter which has always served me well.

All in all, a good awning for what i paid.

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Don't have the 390 but have got the 280 model, we bought the 280 last August and on setting up we noticed a small manufacturing fault. We contacted the large Derbyshire dealer who said send photos which we did waited 4days before they decided we could return it for exchange, I asked who was paying for the fuel etc only to be told it was my problem I argued why should this new awning cost me £30 more than anyone else would pay. So I contacted Sunncamp to plead my case and much to my surprise they said they could do something but it might take a short time, this was OK as I was having major shoulder surgery, it finally came to a conclusion in Feb when they arranged for mine to be collected and a new one delivered. When I opened the package they had sent me the 2016 AirVolution Super Deluxe this was more than I expected we used it for the first time for 8nights at Nth Yorks Moors CC site at Easter complete with the matching air annexe, we were amazed at how good it was it stood up to 50mph winds the heaviest rain I've seen for many years and apart from a couple of small drips which stopped after about 20mins it was superb, there was no pooling the roof both parts of our set up were rock solid in the wind so we were very happy. I would recommend Sunncamp to anyone OK it's got individual tubes to inflate but even with a still not fully functioning shoulder it toook me no longer than 5-6mins to inflate it, and their after sales for me has been excellent.

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Having lost our awning to Storm Katie over Easter on the Isle of Wight (106mph winds!!!!!) we are looking for a new awning.

We don't want a huge full size one, as it will be just too big and unwieldy as we do lots of weekend trips.

We do have a small pop up porch awning, but we are looking for something better.

We saw, on another site, a Sunncamp 390 Inceptor Air-volution awning and we liked it. Much deeper than usual with a pentagon shaped front. Chatted to the owner and they allowed us to look around inside, simply huge for a 3.9m porch style awning.

Not cheap at £699, but compared to a new full size awning, its very reasonable.

We are going to be buying one of these we think.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
We have the SunnCamp magnum 390 and a SunnCamp swift 260 both in the air models. Both are pretty decent awnings in my opinion although I am not basing that on anything other than tent experience and knowing how easy they are to erect. If you are looking for a small porch awning then the swift is by far the easier to put up, ten minutes on my own from start to finish. The magnum is obviously a lot bigger (we have the three panel version there is one in two panels) and provides much more living space, enough for a pup tent plus living space, but with that it has a lot more material to dry so we opt for the smaller one for weekends and in winter.
Interesting to see that someone else had one that leaked, our magnum leaked right above the door during its first outing (Swanage last year) but nothing that a spray of fabsil didn’t fix.
As with all things canvass, it is my experience that you are wise to invest in a decent set of rock pegs because I have yet to buy a tent or awning that didn’t have woefully inadequate pegs supplied.
saying that the red plastic pegs that came with it stood up well to some wet and windy weather in Swanage but that was in earth not the gravel hard standings which seem to be quite common.
I am pretty pleased with ours but as the technology rapidly improves I think that you will see much better awnings for the price in a the coming years.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts