Super pitch

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Some grey water hose to connect the van outlet to the drain. A good length chopped into some usable sub lengths with joining pieces, and something to help it have a suitable gradient. There has been a recent thread showing such arrangements. Then for drinking water you need a hose to connect from the water tap to the caravan. there are two types of arrangement at the caravan end. One you connect into the aqua roll and the aqua roll has a float controller. The other connects direct into the caravan supply inlet and has its own control valve. I prefer the first type as any failure only overfills the aqua roll not the caravan.

Reactions: JezzerB
Sep 14, 2021
Visit site
Thanks otherclive thats very helpful. I don't exactly know what the "super pitch" is I've been looking at but I assumed direct fresh water and waste disposal.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Super pitch normally has water connection, waste water drain and EHU. We often used them and plug the water mains direct into the caravan. Other go to the faff of having it through the aquaroll.
For the waste water we carry 3 lengths of 3m waste water piping and use connectors to join them up depending how far away the drain is from the caravan waste water outlets.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Super pitch normally has water connection, waste water drain and EHU. We often used them and plug the water mains direct into the caravan. Other go to the faff of having it through the aquaroll.
For the waste water we carry 3 lengths of 3m waste water piping and use connectors to join them up depending how far away the drain is from the caravan waste water outlets.
One further advantage of the connected aquaroll option is that if for any reason supply is lost to the tap on the pitch, or the non aquaroll piped option fails you can still use the aquaroll to fetch water.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We use aquaroll with the mains adaptor with the float system
Grey waste water hose we carry two one shorter and a longer length
Some longer pegs this will help to arrange the waste into a neat fall away from the outlet to the drain.

Reactions: Kevin M

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
Super pitch is a pitch with fresh water, grey waste and black waste connections. The Caravan and Motorhome Club for example, only has one of these in the whole of the UK (Chatsworth). I think these are quite rare in the UK on any sites.
Fully serviced pitch
has fresh water and grey waste connection.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Super pitch is a pitch with fresh water, grey waste and black waste connections. The Caravan and Motorhome Club for example, only has one of these in the whole of the UK (Chatsworth). I think these are quite rare in the UK on any sites.
Fully serviced pitch has fresh water and grey waste connection.
Do neither have EHU? LOL! I think it depends on the site what wording they use. I am sure that Warren Farm in Brean have super pitches and you also have your own bathroom.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
i have both water systems but never use the direct attachment one. The aquaroll as Clive says leaves something in reserve. Also even with flow restrictors in the direct feed if an internal pipe fails whilst you are out 💦💦💦💦💦 Ever seen a flooded caravan.

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
We use one of these via the Aquaroll (£20)
PLS Universal Mains Water Adaptor Kit Fits Aquaroll Water Hog Roly Poly Aquarius | eBay
or you can but a Hitchman Aquaroll branded for about £35. Either have a 7.5 metre drinking water hose length.
Also bought a zipped circular storage bag to keep it in when unused:
Pennine 25m Mains Hook Up Storage Zipped BAG Caravan Motorhome 5060070214375 | eBay
The float is fitted into the side aquaroll filler so as the usual pump draws off water the Aquaroll is refilled to about half full automatically.
I have used this for several fortnight holidays on super pitches, but on several occasions had a pitch overnight en route without the facility so needed to carry the aquaroll anyway.
Like others I also have 3 lengths of corrugated grey waste pipe that can be used singly or connected together as there is no standard placement for the outlet drain on different pitches/sites.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Take a tap splitter with you. That way you can leave your hose connected and still get water from the tap. We fill a kettle and jug from the tap rather the caravan water supply. Don’t think the caravan water system will harm us, but prefer the taste direct from site tap.
Mel

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Take a tap splitter with you. That way you can leave your hose connected and still get water from the tap. We fill a kettle and jug from the tap rather the caravan water supply. Don’t think the caravan water system will harm us, but prefer the taste direct from site tap.
Mel
Hi Mel would have to agree with you i always fill our kettle from the site tap that says drinking water:)

Sep 14, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for all the above advice. I have to use bottled water for the kettle anyway. But will definitely buy the aquaroll adapter for the water. Luckily we are very near Chatsworth and it will be one of the first sites we visit, hence the question.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Then for drinking water you need a hose to connect from the water tap to the caravan. there are two types of arrangement at the caravan end. One you connect into the aqua roll and the aqua roll has a float controller. The other connects direct into the caravan supply inlet and has its own control valve. I prefer the first type as any failure only overfills the aqua roll not the caravan.
There is a third type of fresh water connection - just put the end of the hose into the barrel and turn the tap on for a couple of minutes every morning - I actually have your second type but the pressure reduction valve reduces the flow to about half that of the normal submersible pump so I've adapted the method - it's not fully automatic but works well enough.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the above advice. I have to use bottled water for the kettle anyway. But will definitely buy the aquaroll adapter for the water. Luckily we are very near Chatsworth and it will be one of the first sites we visit, hence the question.
Eminently sensible!
We have the necessary gear to use a fully serviced pitch, we're on one now, but we'd never drink from the caravan system no matter how many times we sterilise it.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Not unless your toilet flush depends on the onboard tank.
I only use ours if I'm dragging the Aquaroll across a site where the water tap is far away and Herself wants to use the onboard caravan shower. It diminishes the possibility of her running out of water mid shower.
A properly connected Aquaroll mains kit means that on a fully serviced pitch you have a virtually unlimited water supply

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Enjoy Chatsworth house and garden :)

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
One has to be very careful drinking water direct from caravan systems, over 40+ years experience and sterilising the system at least once a year. Drinking water direct from the van all that time I/we have found that it doesn’t half put your weight on, I would estimate that it has been responsible for a 5/6 stone weight increase in me. (not mentioning the other ½, ! ) So be warned drinking water from caravan systems is very weight increasing! but not unhealthy otherwise!
1632567682282.png

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
One has to be very careful drinking water direct from caravan systems, over 40+ years experience and sterilising the system at least once a year. Drinking water direct from the van all that time I/we have found that it doesn’t half put your weight on, I would estimate that it has been responsible for a 5/6 stone weight increase in me. (not mentioning the other ½, ! ) So be warned drinking water from caravan systems is very weight increasing! but not unhealthy otherwise!
View attachment 2329
Thanks heavens i don"t drink water from the caravan systems ;)

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
View attachment 2329
Strange that! I have been waking with a headache when caravanning. I have also steadily put weight on. I attribute both to the drinking water from the caravan. Apart from the headaches which Mrs Ern attributes to the nightly 14 cans of Stella, I have not once suffered any upsets in 50 years of caravanning.

Reactions: Mel and JezzerB

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts