Survived the first major motorway journey!

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Survived the first major motorway journey today - swindon to brean (warren farm). Quite chuffed with myself as only really driven local rural roads before.

Spend lots of time (in the rain) measuring nose weight, checking tyre pressures and the items in the caravan secure etc and felt quite relaxed after the first 10 minutes or so. The Octavia showed 28mpg too which doesn't seem too bad for a petrol turbo.
Not really a reply-worth post I guess, just quite chuffed with myself! Now off to entertain the 3 yr old at the park.....in the rain!
Ciao!
Rob

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
well done rob always good to get the first one out of the way
next step m25 &dartford crossing lol
smiley-laughing.gif

george

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
goodpost.gif

Your post is actually quite a good one because it shows anyone casually browsing this forum and beginning to contemplate buying their first tourer that provided they load the caravan properly and do the proper checks as you have, especially the tyre pressures, then they shouldn't be put off by the thought of motorway towing.
Well done
clap.gif

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies people. Parksy, it's generally reading forum posts and advice from season and knowledgable people that has removed a lot of my fears with regards to the towing and caravanning in general. I must admit to getting a little 'apprehenisve' when hitching up etc, Mrs K goes into hiding in the car and let's me get on with it. Once on the move, I settle down, within 20 minutes we are all fairly relaxed and happy, which in my opinion is the whole point!
I still have much to learn, but hey, that's fun so I'm up for that!
Ive said this a few times before, but thanks to everyone who contributes here, it really is a very generous thing to be doing, and it has helped me and the family out no end.
My advice to anyone planning their first trip or taking up caravanning, read lots, ask questions and have fun!

Cheers

Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts