Suspension assisters

May 22, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone fitted assisters to a carens in the not too distant past, and if so, were they a good job.

Am considering a pair but would like some info from existing users please.

thanks

anthony

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello anthony

What is your reason for wanting to fit assistors?

I ask because provided you are no overloading the car or the caravan, assistors are not necessary. The manufacture fits springs to cope with the full working range of loads the car is designed to handle.

If your suspension is bottoming out when towing, then something is either broken or overlaoded.

Adding assistors does nothing to change the properloading margins, and although it may correct what appears to be nose up attitude for the car, they will not make any difference to weight distribution across the axles.

Assistors are fundamentally a devise to improve appearance of an outfit., but they may upset the carefully calculated spring rates for the car and deteriorate the handling under some conditions.

May 22, 2008
Visit site
Hello anthony

What is your reason for wanting to fit assistors?

I ask because provided you are no overloading the car or the caravan, assistors are not necessary. The manufacture fits springs to cope with the full working range of loads the car is designed to handle.

If your suspension is bottoming out when towing, then something is either broken or overlaoded.

Adding assistors does nothing to change the properloading margins, and although it may correct what appears to be nose up attitude for the car, they will not make any difference to weight distribution across the axles.

Assistors are fundamentally a devise to improve appearance of an outfit., but they may upset the carefully calculated spring rates for the car and deteriorate the handling under some conditions.
Hi,

I tow a Ace Jubilee with a Kia Carens, a 89% match according to calculations.

I checked the nose weight before moving off, and was 70kg (ish), and had 2 adults and 3 kids in the car, with a not verly loaded boot.

when going over those ever increasing road calming humps the jockey wheel of the van was rubbing, ever so slightly, and was advised that a company called MAD did an additional spring that came into play when an additional load was appiled to the car, ir van, trailer etc.I am very very(much to the wifes annoyance)particular about my loading of the van/car and am happy that over loading is not a factor.

anthony.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts