Swift Archway Denford

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi everybody. My partner and I are new to caravanning, and have just bought our first, a Swift Archway Denford 2002. Being new, we had no idea about caravans, except what some friends had advised. Has anyone any experience of this model and can offer tips/advice etc???

Obviously, as with other things in life, you will always get someone who says things like "ooh, I wouldn't have bought one of those" etc... (No one has yet, by the way) But, what we would like to know is whether people think it a good van?

Many thanks

Wayne & Cathy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Wayne & Cathy

Welcome to the world of caravanning and congratulations on your new purchase.

The Swift Archway is a dealers special which basically means that it will have a couple of extras fitted which are not on the standard Swift equivalent model.

White Arches caravans in Rushden and Wellingborough supply the Archway brand.

http://www.white-arches.co.uk/index.asp
( different dealerships have different brand names e.g. Archway, Fairway ( Broad Lanes) Expression ( Michael Jordan) with the same extras.

White Arches currently have a used Denford for sale on their web sales site

http://www.white-arches.co.uk/used-caravans-detail.php?CaravanId=009C0B8D9E475298802575940042C506
As long as your caravan is well maintained and serviced annually you shouldn't have problems.

There are plenty of tips on the forum and on the website Home Page which is accessible via clicking on 'HOME PAGE' in the blue rectangle on this web page.

The tips for beginners, towing law etc are all available via clickable links unlike this forum which doesn't easily support HTML links.

The main points are - check your tyres and maintain them at the correct pressure and don't overload your unit or exceed the noseweight limit. Load correctly with heavier items on the floor over the axle and don't fill up overhead lockers with heavy items when towing.

If there's anything at all you are unsure about just ask, there are no silly questions.

Above all - enjoy!

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Thank you so much for your comments. I didn't realise just how friendly our fellow caravanners could be. Wish we had done this years ago.

One more question... Do you think my 58 plate Fiat 500 will tow it???

Only joking, got a 1.8 Focus Estate to do the job ha ha.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You're welcome Wayne

We are normally friendly, just don't mention kids, dogs, windbreaks, ball games etc. ;0)

If you do decide to tow with the Fiat 500 don't forget to video it and post it on YouTube so that we can all have a good laugh.

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
You're welcome Wayne

We are normally friendly, just don't mention kids, dogs, windbreaks, ball games etc. ;0)

If you do decide to tow with the Fiat 500 don't forget to video it and post it on YouTube so that we can all have a good laugh.
I will, I promise. although I think just adding a towbar would be too much for the little thing to pull!!!

Off to buy some windbreaks, footballs, tennis bats, cricket bats and going to borrow all of my nieces and nephews to come along!!! Oh and our yappy little Pomeranian doggie, Lola. See you out there. (I'll be the one shunned and shoved to the back of the campsites)!!!

Take care

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
I will, I promise. although I think just adding a towbar would be too much for the little thing to pull!!!

Off to buy some windbreaks, footballs, tennis bats, cricket bats and going to borrow all of my nieces and nephews to come along!!! Oh and our yappy little Pomeranian doggie, Lola. See you out there. (I'll be the one shunned and shoved to the back of the campsites)!!!

Take care

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts