Swift Charisma 545

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
I`ve just bought this van but was wondering about the water pump, i have always used a whale system but now the pump is inside the van under the front seating on this van using a truma system, and it can be heard pumping when the taps are turned on is this supposed to sound like this i would have thought it would be quieter in a new van, any feedback welcome

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Anthony

on board tanks are noisier from the inside as they are based just under the front seating usually.

however if it is particularly noisey try checking it has been screwed down properly as it should be sitting on rubber feet which act as a damper and makes the whole unit quieter in operation. if it is loose it will vibrate more and make more noise.

Also you can unscrew it from its mounting and add additional rubber padding but again this depends on how much it troubles you.

Hope this helps

John

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi Anthony

We have the Swift Freestyle model. Our water pump does exactly the same, but not silly loud. Good thing about it now is that we can tell when the water has run out... and not let the external pump run for hours on end dry.

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Anthony

on board tanks are noisier from the inside as they are based just under the front seating usually.

however if it is particularly noisey try checking it has been screwed down properly as it should be sitting on rubber feet which act as a damper and makes the whole unit quieter in operation. if it is loose it will vibrate more and make more noise.

Also you can unscrew it from its mounting and add additional rubber padding but again this depends on how much it troubles you.

Hope this helps

John
hi sorry meant on board pump not tank cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts