Swift Charisma Table

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are hoping to have delivery of our new Charisma 540 in April, but have since found out that the plan view of the caravan in the brouchure does not match what will be delivered. We believed that there was a fold away table located on the side of the wardrobe which is what we currently have on our present van. This table is very useful to locate the TV (instead of locating it on the front cabinet and blocking your view looking out of the van) but it seems that after talking to both my dealer and swift that it is no longer on the Charisma and has not been on since 2008. Does anybody know how I could go about obtaining one that I can fit myself or even the positive and negatives of fitting a flat screen TV to the wall of the wardrobe.

Many thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We used a flat screen TV arm bolted to the wardrobe side after internal reinforcing in the Ace Award Nightstar and it was very successful

I just put a 13 amp wall socket blanking plate over the holes when we sold the van

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Try O'Leary Motor Homes near Beverley, they buy from Swift and others surplus trim, spares and tables etc and sell them at competitive prices. Your other option is a caravan breaker.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We used a flat screen TV arm bolted to the wardrobe side after internal reinforcing in the Ace Award Nightstar and it was very successful

I just put a 13 amp wall socket blanking plate over the holes when we sold the van
Hi John How much reinforcing did you have to do and what sort of TV arm did you bolt to the wall, was this just flat or did it swivel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try O'Leary Motor Homes near Beverley, they buy from Swift and others surplus trim, spares and tables etc and sell them at competitive prices. Your other option is a caravan breaker.
Hi Peter

Many thanks for the link to O'Leary Motor Homes looks like a good web site I have e-mailed them and am waiting for a reply.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Many thanks I am still suprised that Swift do not supply this as an option, that can either be retro fitted later by the owner or the dealer. Not sure about the quality/finish of the caravan breakers with it being a new van? Has anyone had good experiences with breakers?

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
i have a very small "slide in" bracket that i bolted to the side of the wardrobe on our new charisma 565. To reinforece the wardrobe i side i used a 15mm Ali channel section from B & Q . It runs top to bottom and provides all the support you will need.

this is similar..http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LCD-TV-Wall-Mount-Bracket-Tilt-Turn-15-17-19-21-22-24_W0QQitemZ280473361596QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_LivingRoom_TV_Furniture?hash=item414d83dcbc

Found it, this is the one..http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LCD-TV-Wall-Mount-Bracket-Tilt-Swivel-17-19-20-22-L12_W0QQitemZ390146685140QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_LivingRoom_TV_Furniture?hash=item5ad68df8d4

The mount bolts to you tv then can be slid in and out of the tapered channel section bolted the the wardrobe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts